PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Push internet + Kill Opera help

1. I had installed the No Push Internet.cab before, but silly me I couldn't get internet access "restarted" again afterward. Settings > Communication > Direct Push didn't do it. (I use wi-fi only with no data plan and normally don't access net on the phone so I'd like it disabled by default but of course in case I do need it, turn 'er back on.) How would I get the net going if I install that .cab?

2. How do I get rid of Opera from still running after I close it? I have tried a couple registry tweaks like:

HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\TerminateProcess\

and setting "Opera9.exe" to "1". I even run Advanced Task Manager and hit Terminate, but the sucker won't die!
Old 02-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff
Re: Push internet + Kill Opera help

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
1. I had installed the No Push Internet.cab before, but silly me I couldn't get internet access "restarted" again afterward. Settings > Communication > Direct Push didn't do it. (I use wi-fi only with no data plan and normally don't access net on the phone so I'd like it disabled by default but of course in case I do need it, turn 'er back on.) How would I get the net going if I install that .cab?

2. How do I get rid of Opera from still running after I close it? I have tried a couple registry tweaks like:

HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\TerminateProcess\

and setting "Opera9.exe" to "1". I even run Advanced Task Manager and hit Terminate, but the sucker won't die!
1. I would just uninstall the the No Push Internet mod from Remove Programs.

2. Did you attempt to kill the Opera process from Task Manager?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

ok this is what you do, i had the same problems at 1st on mine a few weeks ago. go and download phm regedit, a free registry editor. once you install it do this:

go to HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System and delete "Opera9.exe." this will make opera appear in the task manager so you can completely exit out of it.

in order to disable push internet go to HKLM\Software\HTC\PushInternet\Enable => change to "0"

let me know if you need more help. i have a list of other hacks too

Last edited by puff601; 02-05-2010 at 12:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: XV6875.1 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

what r ur other hacks?

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 02-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)
Threadstarter

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
go to HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System and delete "Opera9.exe." this will make opera appear in the task manager so you can completely exit out of it.
Yup, already did that. Just went into Advanced Task Manager and hit Terminate, it then says couldn't terminate, should it kill? I hit yes, it takes a few seconds and upon refresh Opera9.exe is right back in the list taking 3389kb memory. Can't get rid of this bastid!

Quote:
in order to disable push internet go to HKLM\Software\HTC\PushInternet\Enable => change to "0"
Okay, but to enable it again do I have to go back to this and change to 1? I guess I'm wondering how I can quickly, simply turn it on/off-- if possible.

Thanks a lot!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: XV6875.1 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

what r ur other hacks?
here you go, dont forget to hit thanks if this helps you cause it took forever to post this lol. ive only had my tp2 exactly 1 month 2day and this is all i am using right now:

1) No SMS sent notification
HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Inbox\\Settings\\change SMSNoSentMsg value to 1. (Sprint Only)

2) UNLOCK ALL CAMERA MODES
HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\HTC\\Camera\\P6 -> change the value “enabled” to 1

Once in the folder, change all Px (x=number) to 1 to enable, 0 to disable

3) save camera pictures to //Storage Card//My Documents//My Pictures(enables file names saved as date)
HKLM\\Software\\HTC\\camera\\general\\
set "enableDCIM" to 0

4) Temporary Internet Files
When browsing the web, pages and images are saved in the 'Temporary Internet Files' location. You can change this location to, for example, your Storage Card:

HKCU\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion \\Explorer\\Shell Folders\\Cache = "\\Storage Card\\cacheie"
I also changed history + cookies to storage

you can also do this for opera. in opera's address bar type in "opera:config" then scroll down to user prefs\\cache directory4 and enter \\storage card\\windows\\ in front of the default save location

5) ADD MORE APPS TO USE GSENSOR ROTATION

TouchFlo 3D
HKCU\\Software\\HTC\\Manila\\EnableLandscape\\true
(make sure value says true)

HKCU\\Software\\HTC\\HTCSENSOR\\GSensor\\ModuleNam e
Create new String: "TF3D" Value: "\\Windows\\manila.exe"

HKCU\\Software\\HTC\\HTCSENSOR\\GSensor\\WhiteList
Create New String: "TF3D" Value: "Manila"

File Explorer

ModuleName
String: File Explorer
Value: \\Windows\\fexplore.exe

WhiteList
String: File Explorer
Value: FEXPLORE

Word Mobile
ModuleName
String: Word Mobile
Value: \\Windows\\pword.exe

WhiteList
String: Word Mobile
Value: pword

I am still looking for more apps to add to the gsensor and more reg edits but these are all i use right now.

Last edited by puff601; 02-05-2010 at 01:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:18 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove
Quote:
Yup, already did that. Just went into Advanced Task Manager and hit Terminate, it then says couldn't terminate, should it kill? I hit yes, it takes a few seconds and upon refresh Opera9.exe is right back in the list taking 3389kb memory. Can't get rid of this bastid!

Quote:
Okay, but to enable it again do I have to go back to this and change to 1? I guess I'm wondering how I can quickly, simply turn it on/off-- if possible.

Thanks a lot!
i think u have to disable push internet using the method i stated in order for it to be able to completely close out of opera. the whole reason opera stays open like that is cause of push internet. yea u will have to go change it back to 1 to enable it again. me personally, ive never needed push internet and u save a little ram usage when u disable it so i was all for it.

also, dont forget to close out of phm reg edit, wait like 15 secs and do a soft reset after u make any registry changes to ensure that the changes stick.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

chevy454 is just getting started

Quote:

ok this is what you do, i had the same problems at 1st on mine a few weeks ago. go and download phm regedit, a free registry editor. once you install it do this:

Interestingly, my Tp2 (US Cellular, as delivered wm6.5) has *neither* of those registry entries...so would it be safe to assume that the USC version of wm6.5 already addressed the no push/kill Opera issues?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454
Quote:

Interestingly, my Tp2 (US Cellular, as delivered wm6.5) has *neither* of those registry entries...so would it be safe to assume that the USC version of wm6.5 already addressed the no push/kill Opera issues?
I dont think Tmobile version has them either. i did a few edits on my friends tmo tp2 and i noticed lots of registry differences from my sprint tp2. not really a issue, just one of those idiotic things the carrier chose to do lol...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2