PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

machek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keep WM streaming music playing with Verizon 6.5

Is there any way to keep the streaming music playing with the screen blacked out on Verizons new 6.5 rom? I tried the cab that is called shk customs keep music playing registry fix and cab psshut_eng.vga.xscale.cab. Neither of them work. Mighty mike had a rom that i used before and it worked then, but I cant get it to work on this rom. Can anyone help?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Keep WM streaming music playing with Verizon 6.5

Try this cab. Also, try not shutting the screen off with the button... let the screen shut itself off instead
Attached Files
File Type: cab KeepMusicOnWhenIdle.cab (2.4 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
Is there any way to keep the streaming music playing with the screen blacked out on Verizons new 6.5 rom? I tried the cab that is called shk customs keep music playing registry fix and cab psshut_eng.vga.xscale.cab. Neither of them work. Mighty mike had a rom that i used before and it worked then, but I cant get it to work on this rom. Can anyone help?
with the psshut cab u have to open that program and then hit display off so the screen cuts off and the music will continue i use it all the time
Old 02-03-2010, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
with the psshut cab u have to open that program and then hit display off so the screen cuts off and the music will continue i use it all the time

Yeah I read that, but when I tried it, after about 4 minutes it stopped the stream. When I light the screen back up, it shows "stopped". Then I have to rebuffer and start the stream again.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Try this cab. Also, try not shutting the screen off with the button... let the screen shut itself off instead
nope, this one didnt work either. 4 minutes and it cuts out. I know its not the station either cause if i touch the screen to keep it on it stays on the whole time.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is your data cutting off when the screen goes black?

Are you on 3g connection or wifi?

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 02-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
nope, this one didnt work either. 4 minutes and it cuts out. I know its not the station either cause if i touch the screen to keep it on it stays on the whole time.
That cab I posted just tells your phone to keep music playing if your screen shuts off.

If your music is still cutting out after several minutes, then the issue likely lies with whichever music program you're using.

But since you say that when you tap the screen it keeps playing, then I don't know what to tell ya...
Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try this:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\ Unattended\wav1

set it to 0
Old 02-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
try this:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\ Unattended\wav1

set it to 0
That's exactly what the cab I linked above does
Old 02-04-2010, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
That's exactly what the cab I linked above does
Are both of you guys using the stock 6.5 rom? That cab above seemed to make my speaker somehow work weird. For example, as I plugged the phone into a jack to play in the car, it would show playing, but it wouldnt play over the speakers. Then if i pulled the jack out, the music would come on, but then if i plugged the jack back in, it would play like normal on the car speakers. Its happened a few times after i installed that cab, but I'm not 100% sure that i did a reset after installing it. After i removed the cab, it would play normally over the speakers. IDK, I just want somethin to work so the music stays on

Edit: I tried to reinstall and reset and still doesnt work correctly

Last edited by machek; 02-04-2010 at 12:25 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2