PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
I dig the new Verizon ROM. Who wants to strip it down?

It works well. Best of all, Bluetooth works properly. Now I need the same ROM with no Titanium. No Manila. And none of the VZW bloatware. Anyone have plans to do so?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: SPRINT

VICTOR818 is just getting started
Re: I dig the new Verizon ROM. Who wants to strip it down?

what do you mean by "dig" ?
if im understanding correctly you dug a hole into your tp2 ? In order to take software out ?

I dont think thats possible ?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

OK. I have a maybe, kinda sort-of naieve question:

If I understand this right, Touchflo/Sence UI is basiclly HTC's UI which makes Windows Mobile somewhat flashy and appealing to the iPhone/Droid/Average consumer crowd (oddly though, I've never seen it turned on and running on any WinMo device in a Verizon store. Conspiracy?).

...and Titanium is Microsoft's Windows 6.5 UI. Basically what you get if you turn off Sense 2.1.

So if you took them both away... what would be left? Does Windows Mobile have a DOS-like base? I truely don't know. How would you use/interact with/control the device?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The "classic" today screen would remain. In essence, Sense and Titanium are "today screen plugins" and there's a multitude of these plugins from before either interface existed. Most of them are very functional and fast, because they use very little resources as they were designed for phones with far less of them.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

I use Mobile Shell. Manila and Sense just don't do it for me.

I've actually been considering going back to the Today screen and a few plugins though.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Bueller?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

why dont you do it man, just dump the rom, take out what you dont want, rebuild and bam! shouldnt take you long and im sure it would help others as well.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I'd love to but don't have a clue how. Before I get blasted for this, I'm assuming there's a how to?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

THIS should help you get started
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2