PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Keeping Phone off but data on! Doable on TP2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109055)

arifiano 02-02-2010 10:02 AM

Keeping Phone off but data on! Doable on TP2?

Hi Everyone -

I was wondering is there a way to switch the phone function off in the HTC TP2 but leave the data option on. So I still want my email coming but phone needs to be off.

Thank you

andimthejr 02-02-2010 10:06 AM

Re: Keeping Phone off but data on! Doable on TP2?

dude this aint verizion you cant talk and surf at the same time and you cant not talk and surf at the same time lol i dont know the answer but it just made me think of that comercial sorry

arifiano 02-02-2010 10:17 AM

Well I do have verizon...hehe

Actually the reason for this is because I have the international data package...so unlimited domestic and international data. But voice is waaaay too expensive so I don't even want to make the mistake of answering the phone...

lipidfats 02-02-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arifiano (Post 1534616)
Well I do have verizon...hehe

Actually the reason for this is because I have the international data package...so unlimited domestic and international data. But voice is waaaay too expensive so I don't even want to make the mistake of answering the phone...

not sure about separating the two but ive seen programs that end the call immediately (sends caller to your voicemail). that could be one solution... smaller window for you to accidentally answer. you'll have to search for it though on xda.

EpOxY 02-02-2010 10:45 AM

This might be a workaround and I'm not sure if my info is correct...

But if you force EVDO/3G, then your phone won't be able to accept calls/texts I believe. It would kind of be the opposite of having 1x Voice/Text cutting off your internet. You'd be preventing phone calls by being on EVDO/3G.

Would that work?

PPCFreak 02-02-2010 12:00 PM

Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: XV6875.1 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

that would be my guess as to how to get that to work.
forcing phone to only evdo/3g i think will require a reboot to make the change.

Primenall 02-02-2010 12:47 PM

You can, here is how in THIS POST

By the way, talking and data at the same time is only on gsm....att tmobile

Tilde88 02-02-2010 01:20 PM

ugh i hate stock rom... just had to use i.e. to post this...
anyways... to answer your question, no, 'phone' label is actually referring to the cellular radio, which is what receives the satellite input/output...
however, since what you are trying to avoid is phone calls id say put your phone in DDTM mode, which sends any voice calls straight to voicemail and not interrupt your browsing. do ##3282# (DATA),click edit and type in your MSL (if you ask a tech from your carrier, they have to give it to you... illegal for them not to. now go to View Info on the bottom left, and select advanced. look for DDTM and turn it on. also there are settings you can change to force the data to always be on. beware though, so long as your data is on with DDTM you will not get voice calls until you turn off data, or turn off DDTM

shaggylive 02-02-2010 01:23 PM

yup, just be aware the ddtm mode will still allow you to call out..

mstevens 02-02-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilde88 (Post 1535001)
the cellular radio, which is what receives the satellite input/output

I suggest you re-check this claim.