PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   a good way to assign a shoot buttom for camera (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109048)

jerrymc 02-02-2010 08:29 AM

a good way to assign a shoot buttom for camera

i figured out a good way to assign a shoot buttom for tp2 camera~

use the keyboard config to assign ENTER to whichever buttom you want (except the shift/cap and the FN key), then enter the camera, use the replaced key to focus and shoot~

i assigned the mute buttom (blew the camera on the back) as ENTER.
this would make self-shooting much easier.

JGGiant 02-02-2010 10:34 AM

Re: a good way to assign a shoot buttom for camera

I never thought about assigning the mute button to anything. (Out of sight, out of mind.)

Great idea! I don't care about the crappy camera, but there must be some other great uses for that button. Enter probably is the best, since we no longer have a D-Pad.

Spelvin 02-02-2010 12:15 PM

I use a double tap on the mute button to change orientation of the screen. It is faster than the G sensor and allows me to control when it changes.

I am thinking a single tap should be enter instead of mute as well...Thanks OP

alex jb 02-02-2010 12:39 PM

I use keyboard config to assign the mute to 270deg rotate on long press and go to camera software with single press. When in camaera, it's the shoot button too.

Keyboard config is a great tool. I mapped the windows home key to soft reset on long press also.

Oxymoron238 02-02-2010 12:56 PM

I use a double tap of the mute button to toggle wifi, and a hold tap to toggle bluetooth. Works perfectly for me :)

Eschelon 02-02-2010 07:52 PM

Single tab on my mute button toggles my flashlight, except for when I'm in a call in which case the mute button defaults back to its intended function :razz:

kierandill 02-02-2010 10:07 PM

<looks up 'buttom'>

AngeloUCF 02-02-2010 11:37 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

i find the camera to be generally too slow to use, especially when i need it quickly.

three west 02-05-2010 10:19 PM

Re: a good way to assign a shoot button for camera

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschelon (Post 1536056)
Single tab on my mute button toggles my flashlight, except for when I'm in a call in which case the mute button defaults back to its intended function :razz:

not to hijack the thread, but how is this accomplished?
I haven't installed the keyboard reconfig yet, but did you re-map the favorite button to the mute button? Or does the keyboard config somehow allow for program launching?

CovKid66 02-05-2010 10:37 PM

Re: a good way to assign a shoot button for camera

Quote:

Originally Posted by three west (Post 1544814)
not to hijack the thread, but how is this accomplished?
I haven't installed the keyboard reconfig yet, but did you re-map the favorite button to the mute button? Or does the keyboard config somehow allow for program launching?

Rhodium Keyboard Controller can be used to remap any button, whether it's a single, double, triple, or long press of that button. You can assign another key, special functions e.g. toggle wifi, or launch programs.

Personally I have my long press mute assigned to TaskFacade for task switching :D