PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 02:34 AM
KrisK91

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Puk????

Alright so I was messing around with my phone when I found another area I shouldn't be in. (I was comm manager and I clicked the 'phone' settings) it brought up a screen I had never seen. anyway I click on the PIN code and it asked for my pin (which I didn't know. so I tried some but weren't correct) then it asked me for my PUK code/number which I do not know. is there anyway to find out what this number is??
please help!
thanks!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:47 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Puk????

You were in GSM/UTMS settings, weren't you? Anyways, I think those have to deal with SIM locking. I'm not sure what a PUK code is exactly though. Sorry
Old 02-02-2010, 02:48 AM
KrisK91

I guess I was, I happened to get into the phone settings I wasent trying to. thanks anyway tho.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:56 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

WAIT! I just did some digging... And if its asking for your PUK code, you're in trouble!

From AT&T's website:
Quote:
Question:
What is a PUK code?
Answer:
A PUK code (Pin Unlock Key) is required when you enter an incorrect PIN 3 times. After entering the wrong PIN 3 times, the card will be locked and you will need to get a PUK code to unlock it.

Once your PUK has been received, it will need to be entered into your phone to set a new PIN code.

If the wrong PUK code is entered ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes invalid and you will need to purchase a new SIM Card. The phone will display "PUK blocked call operator".
Old 02-02-2010, 02:59 AM
KrisK91

well I didnt put any codes in for the PUK code cause I for sure didnt know what it was so I still have my 10 trys left. i just need a way to find out what my PUK code is.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:04 AM
KrisK91

are u sure?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:06 AM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower

Look save yourself the trouble just call your carrier and tell them you where playing around with the phone when it asked for PUK. Otherwise you might me locked out of using your phone
Old 02-02-2010, 04:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I doubt you'd be locked out of using your phone, you'd just be prevented from using it while roaming on GSM networks unless you get a new SIM since CDMA doesn't require or rely on the SIM card. I doubt having a dead SIM in a CDMA world phone would do anything if you weren't using the GSM capabilities.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:34 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

dUDE, ALL SIM have a PUK code, just refer to the material that came with your TP2, check the thing like a plastic card where the SIM was cut out, there you will find yout PUK, man without that PUK, SIM useless if it gets locked, always keep that thing safe if you are planning on using it
Old 02-02-2010, 06:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
dUDE, ALL SIM have a PUK code, just refer to the material that came with your TP2, check the thing like a plastic card where the SIM was cut out, there you will find yout PUK, man without that PUK, SIM useless if it gets locked, always keep that thing safe if you are planning on using it
CDMA TP2s came with them pre-installed, no plastic card to pull the sim out of...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2