PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Puk???? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109035)

KrisK91 02-02-2010 02:34 AM

Puk????

Alright so I was messing around with my phone when I found another area I shouldn't be in. (I was comm manager and I clicked the 'phone' settings) it brought up a screen I had never seen. anyway I click on the PIN code and it asked for my pin (which I didn't know. so I tried some but weren't correct) then it asked me for my PUK code/number which I do not know. is there anyway to find out what this number is??
please help!
thanks!!!

[sammich] 02-02-2010 02:47 AM

Re: Puk????

You were in GSM/UTMS settings, weren't you? Anyways, I think those have to deal with SIM locking. I'm not sure what a PUK code is exactly though. Sorry :(

KrisK91 02-02-2010 02:48 AM

I guess I was, I happened to get into the phone settings I wasent trying to. thanks anyway tho.

[sammich] 02-02-2010 02:56 AM

WAIT! I just did some digging... And if its asking for your PUK code, you're in trouble!

From AT&T's website:
Quote:

Question:
What is a PUK code?
Answer:
A PUK code (Pin Unlock Key) is required when you enter an incorrect PIN 3 times. After entering the wrong PIN 3 times, the card will be locked and you will need to get a PUK code to unlock it.

Once your PUK has been received, it will need to be entered into your phone to set a new PIN code.

If the wrong PUK code is entered ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes invalid and you will need to purchase a new SIM Card. The phone will display "PUK blocked call operator".

KrisK91 02-02-2010 02:59 AM

well I didnt put any codes in for the PUK code cause I for sure didnt know what it was so I still have my 10 trys left. i just need a way to find out what my PUK code is.

KrisK91 02-02-2010 03:04 AM

are u sure?

pixelpower 02-02-2010 03:06 AM

Look save yourself the trouble just call your carrier and tell them you where playing around with the phone when it asked for PUK. Otherwise you might me locked out of using your phone

imnuts 02-02-2010 04:41 AM

I doubt you'd be locked out of using your phone, you'd just be prevented from using it while roaming on GSM networks unless you get a new SIM since CDMA doesn't require or rely on the SIM card. I doubt having a dead SIM in a CDMA world phone would do anything if you weren't using the GSM capabilities.

HBOOT 02-02-2010 05:34 AM

dUDE, ALL SIM have a PUK code, just refer to the material that came with your TP2, check the thing like a plastic card where the SIM was cut out, there you will find yout PUK, man:mrgreen: without that PUK, SIM useless if it gets locked, always keep that thing safe if you are planning on using it

imnuts 02-02-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1534431)
dUDE, ALL SIM have a PUK code, just refer to the material that came with your TP2, check the thing like a plastic card where the SIM was cut out, there you will find yout PUK, man:mrgreen: without that PUK, SIM useless if it gets locked, always keep that thing safe if you are planning on using it

CDMA TP2s came with them pre-installed, no plastic card to pull the sim out of...