PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

siff is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Puk????

Had to check my box. In the global Support Pak in the box from VZW comes the card with the knock out and with the PUK on it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1265130771
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0230.jpg (444.8 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

some times you must call the provider for the PUK code. the sim has been locked down until this is entered. in fact the whole phone should be locked down. this is an anti-theft measure.

Some PUK codes are randomly generated by the carrier i have heard and change after use as well.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:02 PM
KrisK91

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
The PUK code is only available from your carrier. If you call them or take the phone into a store they should be able to enter it for you. I work for t-mobile and people constantly bring their phones in for the code because they let someone mess around with it and got locked out.
thank you very much
Old 02-11-2010, 06:03 PM
KrisK91

I have called sprint and they were not able to help me. any ideas/help?
thanks
Old 02-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisK91 View Post
I have called sprint and they were not able to help me. any ideas/help?
thanks
You may need to call again and ask for World Phone support or something like that... I would imagine the general tech support ppl have no clue how to work with SIM cards... You may also have some luck if you take it to your nearest Sprint repair center.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:18 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

op, are you locked out of the phone? if not why do you need this code so bad? the sim unlock from cmonex/olinex with the flashed radio will make your phone work on the us gsm networks. if your going to use the phone abroad, it shouldnt need this puk code anyway. maybe im just confused or didnt read all your posts well enough. but if your just learning what the difference between cdma and gsm you prolly shouldnt be jackin with this any way.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:56 PM
KrisK91

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
You may need to call again and ask for World Phone support or something like that... I would imagine the general tech support ppl have no clue how to work with SIM cards... You may also have some luck if you take it to your nearest Sprint repair center.
yeah I brought it to a sprint store and they were all clueless as well. this sucks.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:59 PM
KrisK91

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
op, are you locked out of the phone? if not why do you need this code so bad? the sim unlock from cmonex/olinex with the flashed radio will make your phone work on the us gsm networks. if your going to use the phone abroad, it shouldnt need this puk code anyway. maybe im just confused or didnt read all your posts well enough. but if your just learning what the difference between cdma and gsm you prolly shouldnt be jackin with this any way.
I was in the phone settings I clicked on 'pin' then it asked for the pin (I thought I knew it, but I didnt.) so then I hit cancel and then from that point on it has been asking me to enter in the PUK number everytime I turn my phone on. I DONT really need it, its just a complete pain to have to wait to hit 'cancel' before my phone will finish loading and start up.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:05 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

hard reset???
Old 02-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So this important code is on the card the SIM card came out of? What if my SIM came out of the display Blackberry Tour at the Sprint store? haha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2