PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

wdaniels2007 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Sceen light goes on and off during calls when touching your face

I did a search and saw this mentioned a few times, but no real clear cut answers or fixes for it that I saw anyway. I'm using the stock rom from sprint and I've used other roms on the older phones, but trying to stick with the stock for the moment on theis touch pro 2. If anyone knows of a cab or even registry hack it would be appreciated.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8
Re: Sceen light goes on and off during calls when touching your face

well the phone uses G-sensor to know when your face touches the phone the light goes off to conserve energy... otherwise it turns back on...
but what exactly is your question?
Thanx

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 02-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jcookjr82 is a n00b

It's the proximity sensor to the left of the ear speaker. It's so when you're making a call in poor lighting or the dark, you can resume functionalty of the phone without having to press the power button. This is also useful when you are trying to take notes during a call.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:41 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknight8 View Post
well the phone uses G-sensor to know when your face touches the phone the light goes off to conserve energy... otherwise it turns back on...
but what exactly is your question?
Thanx
lol, sorry thats funny, your close though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, the question is how to turn it off. Turning off the G sensor fixes the issue or is that not true?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I just looked at the settings so I can see the g sensor only calibrates the device, so I'm assuming someone else has had an issue with this so is there some available cab or registry settings to keep the light on?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

jcook is right. There is a proximity sensor by the ear speaker that senses when the phone is close to your face. I have the same problem when I hold the phone to my right ear; the sensor can't tell if it's close to my face or not so it keeps turning the screen off and on. Doesn't happen when I hold the phone to my left ear, though... But it doesn't really bother me too much

I don't think there is any fix. Sorry, champ
Old 02-01-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Eschelon thank you..Yeah, I realize why its happening, but I wasn't just wondering if there was a fix. If you guys don't know of one its fine I'll deal with it. Appreciate the feedback though.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdaniels2007 View Post
Eschelon thank you..Yeah, I realize why its happening, but I wasn't just wondering if there was a fix. If you guys don't know of one its fine I'll deal with it. Appreciate the feedback though.
There's a slight chance that a registry edit could be found to disable the sensor, but often times hardware functions aren't in the registry so I think that such a registry key will likely never be found

I could be wrong, though... Here's to hoping for your sake!
Old 02-01-2010, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

bastian74 is becoming a great contributor

I've been curious to know how the proximity sensor works. Is there an IR LED in there or something? Theres clearly more to it than simply a light sensor because it can tell when you pull the phone away from you in the pitch black.

It has nothing to do with the G sensor.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2