PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sp

tp2tmus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyway to make Data auto shut-off?

Does anybody know of a way to make the data connection close itself when something is done using it?

For example - after checking weather, instead of staying open is there a regedit or cab to close it after so long of inactivity or something?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Anyway to make Data auto shut-off?

well, with a program called advanced config (I believe they call it HD Tweaks now), you can set the data to close after one minute. A forum search should bring it up pretty easily; it's pretty common.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2tmus View Post
Does anybody know of a way to make the data connection close itself when something is done using it?

For example - after checking weather, instead of staying open is there a regedit or cab to close it after so long of inactivity or something?
Click the paperclip in Mighty's ROM and look for the data disconnect 60 sec cab, it'll shut down data if not used for 60 seconds. I'm at work or I'd post it.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Click the paperclip in Mighty's ROM and look for the data disconnect 60 sec cab, it'll shut down data if not used for 60 seconds. I'm at work or I'd post it.
Does this work on stock CAB also? Neat if it does!
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I honestly don't know, haven't been on stock since October. Give it a shot and let us know (and I assume you mean stock ROM).
Old 02-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

These solutions are AWESOME, until that is you realize that you cannot answer phone calls because the slider and physical button become completely unresponsive when receiving calls sometimes. To answer the OP's question, no there is no foolproof method at this time.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I honestly don't know, haven't been on stock since October. Give it a shot and let us know (and I assume you mean stock ROM).
Yes. I looked but there was wayyyy too much info so I chose to do this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98128 from strra's cab.

Good results from what I have read but I have not gone through the day yet for me.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
These solutions are AWESOME, until that is you realize that you cannot answer phone calls because the slider and physical button become completely unresponsive when receiving calls sometimes. To answer the OP's question, no there is no foolproof method at this time.
muyoso have you tried the cab above in my post from strra?
Old 02-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

umm i have been using the data disconnect cab for a while with no ill side effects so yes there is a foolproof method at this time, now if you are talking about advance config or hd tweak, then yes those have been known to cause issus
Old 02-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
umm i have been using the data disconnect cab for a while with no ill side effects so yes there is a foolproof method at this time, now if you are talking about advance config or hd tweak, then yes those have been known to cause issus
Thanks for the confirm.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2