PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Overwhelmed Newbie

Well guys,

First off, I applaud alot of you guys. This is truly a really great site. Everything is usually referenced neatly and you guys seem to want to help each other so Im happy to be here. I just got my first Touch Pro 2 and I absolutely love the phone!

Id like to think I know my way around a computer but Ive been searching for the past week on the touch pro 2 forum. Trying to figure out things like sense UI, CDMA, GSM, kitchen, cooking, cabs, widgets, and other very confusing acronyms as well as lingo. My head hurts! lmao Thanks to google and ref. links from post I have been able to modify my

Home page
back ground,
slide to unlock,
clear clock,
Start menu as well as others Im sure Im forgetting so Ive made progress.

Now I want to take a look at modifying my ROM for my Touch Pro 2 (sprint) and Im alittle too reluctant as to which ROM to use or to modify my phone with.

I dont know which Roms apply to my phone and what exactly I should be looking for as far as which Roms dont.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys
Old 02-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: Overwhelmed Newbie

First off start by reading the sticky threads bud. Everything you need to know is in those threads. Follow the directions and ask your questions in those threads. But make sure you search before you ask questions. Most have already been answered and you may find yourelf getting told to search. If you get stuck, it never hurts to ask but remember that we all follow the same directions. Also read up on forum rules for posting and the like. Good luck and enjoy the life of flashing.

Give some
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
First off start by reading the sticky threads bud. Everything you need to know is in those threads. Follow the directions and ask your questions in those threads. But make sure you search before you ask questions. Most have already been answered and you may find yourelf getting told to search. If you get stuck, it never hurts to ask but remember that we all follow the same directions. Also read up on forum rules for posting and the like. Good luck and enjoy the life of flashing.
+1. And if you're on Sprint, you need to pay attention to CDMA ROM's for TP2, anything else is bad, very very bad.... read what OR posted above and when you want to look at ROM's, check them out in the sticky for CDMA ROM's, read the first page of each, there's info on what they include, FAQ's, etc, you'll learn a ton on the first page. AFTER you've read that stuff, then ask questions if you have them. Good luck and enjoy (but beware.... it gets very addicting...)
Old 02-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Threadstarter

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks guys,

I know how much veterans hate answering newbie questions because the've seen them so many times.

ive spent roughly 70 hours already reading stickies and hopping between forums trying to get a basic understanding of modding my phone. So I know what you mean by addicting haha

Ive been to the CDMA subforum here but there are alot of roms there! lmao and while some are easier to tell that they dont belong to my phone others are not so easy.

I do read the first page of the post but I also then have to google half the words because I dont understand them. I feel stupid asking a very newbie question like Whats sense UI and how do I know if I have it? or other very basic questions that others assume you should know.

I feel like my grandmother and how she yells at the tv when she tries to turn on the DVD player! lmao

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 02-01-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

yeah absolutely make sure you only flash CDMA ROMs if you're on sprint. flashing a rom that's intended for a GSM phone will turn it into a paperweight. First you have to HardsSPL the phone using the CDMA TOUCH PRO2/Rhodium unlocker before you can flash custom ROMs. must be the tp2 one in the cdma upgrade section in this forum: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

it's really easy, just follow the instructions to unlock. you only need to do it once. then you can easily flash any CDMA ROM at any time

the biggest names for ROMs here seem to be Juicy, NRG, and Mighty. You'll have to try them each out to figure out which suits you better cause osme are faster and some have more goodies than others

have fun, you will probably be flashing a lot once you start...

edit: it's recommended to hard reset your phone before and after flashing. i only do it before though.

Last edited by lipidfats; 02-01-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

And make sure you thank your help..especially the chefs. They work their butts off to give us some great roms/mods. Throw some love thier way!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
And make sure you thank your help..especially the chefs. They work their butts off to give us some great roms/mods. Throw some love thier way!
+1, OR78's on a role tonight, hitting all the right marks!! (got your flashing fix I see and now stalking the threads???

OP, the thanks are free and much appreciated by many, especially the chefs and mod who basically do this stuff for us for free. I just hit your thanks for the appreciation of you taking the time to read before breaking your phone!!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

please feel free to pm me if you get stuck or have a gsm/cdma question, we just lost a tp2 owner because he didnt read or didnt understand about flashing radios, i would rather answer your question than tell you you got a 300$ paperweight. my pm box is empty so feel free to ask.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:27 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i was in the same place as you when i got my tp2 and joined this forum. this place is information overload!!...but you do learn a lot from these guys. all the members are very much willing to help you out. but like OR and fishingmedic said, if a particular post(s) helped you out, make sure you let the member know the help was appreciated by hitting the thanks button. the forum does get very intimidating at first, but after a while, you learn that these guys are there always willing to help. if you pm them and you don't get a response back right away, don't think that they are ignoring you. sometimes they just get a lot (im assuming but pretty sure) of messages from members. i know i've pm'd a few of them and was surprised at how approachable (pm-wise) and how easy it was to talk to them. they are always willing to give you pointers. and just remember that they do have a life outside of the ppcgeeks forum. but be patient and they will respond to your pm.

all these guys are great and very fantastic at what they do...once you get over the shock of reading what you can and can't do with your phone, they'll be there to when you don't follow directions and rules and for bricking your phone. but they'll be the first to and =D> at you for trying and getting the mods and tweaks working on your phone.

enjoy your phone....enjoy tweaking it...and most of all, enjoy our forum!!

*welcome to the battlefield* as they say for N00bs..hehehe.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 02-02-2010 at 01:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Ive been to the CDMA subforum here but there are alot of roms there! lmao and while some are easier to tell that they dont belong to my phone others are not so easy.
All of the ROMS in the CDMA TP2 forum will work on your phone. It all comes down to what you are looking for in a ROM. Some swear by MightyMike, others by Juicy. I lean towards NRGZ usually but I am trying some newer chefs out just to see what they have to offer.

The funny thing is that once you get addicted to flashing you will probably get bored keeping your phone one way for too long. Enjoy your phone and welcome to the community.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2