PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

dshosu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dshosu
Returning under warranty, what do I need?

First off, I have searched extensively for the answers to these questions but I'm either not searching for the right things, searching in the wrong places, or it's not here. I'm assuming it's one of the former, never the less it's not like I didn't try. I'll keep looking though and update this post.

Anyway, I have a security and SIM unlocked Sprint TP2 and am going to be returning it under warranty today. What do I need to do?

1. I re-flashed the stock ROM from here.

2. Re-flashed the stock radio from here.

3. Then I need to re-lock it with the HSPL re-locker from here, but that's the absolute last step.

?. What do I do about the SIM unlock? does that matter? do I need to re-lock it? how?

Thanks to all those that can help!

Last edited by dshosu; 01-31-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Returning under warranty, what do I need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshosu View Post
First off, I have searched extensively for the answers to these questions but I'm either not searching for the right things, searching in the wrong places, or it's not here. I'm assuming it's one of the former, never the less it's not like I didn't try.

Anyway, I have a security and SIM unlocked Sprint TP2 and am going to be returning it under warranty today. What do I need to do?

I re-flashed the stock ROM from here

Does that include a stock radio? If not where can I get a stock radio?

Where can I find the SPL relocker(?) for CDMA devices? I couldn't find it.

Thanks to all those that can help!

You're good to go, buddy!!
Old 01-31-2010, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro 2

Jesse Buck is becoming a great contributor

You should relock it if you are taking back into the store. Most repair centers do not know about the lock/unlock situation but some do and if they find out, bam, voided warranty, must pay $100 deductible. The relocker can be found towards the bottom of the page where you found the unlocker. Read, read, read. I'd post it but I believe cmonex prefers us not to.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:47 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

ive recieved numerous unlocked refurbs back in my tp1 days. ive also never relocked either. im also good at throwin huge fits ion the middle of the sprint store on busy sat mornings in front of lots of other customers too. i dare someone to void my warranty over an unlocked fone.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

dshosu is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dshosu

updated! what about the sim unlock?
Old 01-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
ive recieved numerous unlocked refurbs back in my tp1 days. ive also never relocked either. im also good at throwin huge fits ion the middle of the sprint store on busy sat mornings in front of lots of other customers too. i dare someone to void my warranty over an unlocked fone.
I provide the least amount of help that I can get away with when people do this in my store. I will go out of my way to help people that are polite and considerate when presenting a problem to me but come in yelling and you will not find me very helpful. Policy is policy. Don't give an employee a hard time because they are following policy. Just put yourself in their shoes for a moment and think about the extra stress you cause for no reason. So I dare you to come in my store and try to get away with that. I really can't stand people with your mindset.

EDIT: To the OP, sounds like you have covered your bases. I would not worry about the SIM unlock as most providers will give you the unlock upon request.
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?

Last edited by CellGuy; 01-31-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:06 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

im super polite and only throw a fit when absolutly required. i work in customer service myself and understand if someone is being a **** for no reason im the same way. i do as little as possible to help them. but youve probably never dealt with sprint reps in store either. typically they dont know what theyre doing. it is a pain in the ass. also you dont know me, so i wouldnt say you cant stand people like me. also where is your store at>? next time inm close ill be sure to stop by. since your daring me and all. also, i do like your cellguy mods, exept the black berry internet icon. i would never diss my tp2 with that.

Last edited by austin420; 01-31-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
im super polite and only throw a fit when absolutly required. i work in customer service myself and understand if someone is being a **** for no reason im the same way. i do as little as possible to help them. but youve probably never dealt with sprint reps in store either. typically they dont know what theyre doing. it is a pain in the ass. also you dont know me, so i wouldnt say you cant stand people like me. also where is your store at>? next time inm close ill be sure to stop by. since your daring me and all. also, i do like your cellguy mods, exept the black berry internet icon. i would never diss my tp2 with that.

Problem #1, you have Sprint. I work for US Cellular and while they are behind in a lot of ways, the customer service is exceptional. When I sold AT&T I had customers come in yelling at me all the time for no reason. It seems like people are just used to getting shit on all the time by their provider and feel that being confrontational is the only way they will see results. It may work with some reps, but not me. All I'm saying is that if you knowingly voided your warranty as per the companies policy but yet you feel the need to take it out on an employee that is just trying to do their job, I would consider that to be a flaw in your character. no one is perfect, I certainly am not but having been in this business for about 8 years now, this is something I feel strongly about. I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with you.

Thanks for the compliment on the mods. I have more stuff planned but just not finding the time right now.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

am i missing something? when i extract the relocker and click on the exe file nothing happens it tries to do something but nothin ever loads onto the phones screen or my laptops screen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2