PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Facebook Problem.Is it Sprint related?

I had some issues with Facebook on my custom ROM,but lets not talk about that one.
I flashed to Sprint Shipped ROM,downloaded Facebook CAB from MS themselves (attached),and everything works except home tab.All I get is a "fetching".How does it work on other ROMs/carriers?

Attached Files
File Type: cab Facebook_v1.0.0.7p.CAB (946.8 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by vin255764; 02-01-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 CDMA
Carrier: sprint

wtmaxx25 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wtmaxx25
Re: Facebook Problem.Is it Sprint related?

Vin out of the box V2 facebook goes right into homepage, i havent had any issues with that fetching status, any thoughts.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

I haven't had that specific problem, but I couldn't see my fiends tab when using that app. Not to mention is was slow and the updates didn't post right away. I played with it for a week or 2 then just gave up. its easier to just login to FB using opera 10 or skyfire.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I've been using lite.facebook.com, works flawlessly for me. I gave up on the facebook apps because there always seemed to be a problem of some sort.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

no issues on sprint for me. its pulling the news feeds and status updates like normal.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

while using lite.facebook i get errors & it wont post what i write. just now had an error & it said bad parameter .... while i like lite, imo m.facebook works the best
Old 02-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

I can see friends and albums with that app,but not the home page,wtf?
May be it has somethinf to do with account?
Im using yahoo mail to sign in.May be they want hotmail or msn?
Old 02-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

jebemt is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jebemt

Stock Touch pro 2 rom, normal facebook cab installed, nothing done to phone but open box and activate... because i have no clue about how to do much else haha

My issue: facebook, hit refresh, and it shows a few updates but not many. I can go on facebook.com with computer and compare and i am like wtf is wrong with this mobile facebook... geez
Old 02-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I've been using lite.facebook.com, works flawlessly for me. I gave up on the facebook apps because there always seemed to be a problem of some sort.
right like on that fb app you see status updates but you cant comment on there right there. you have to view profile, find the status, then comment on it.
also last time i tried it i had status/news updates 15 hours old. went to m.facebook.com and i had all the current stuff loaded.
i only tried the app because yesterday for the life of me COULD NOT get facebook to work. thought it was my service. i wish there was a list of all the mobile fb sites.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the winmo facebook app isn't the best. i used it for a few days and ended up just scrapping it altogether. i agree with some of the members about just signing into mobile facebook. not all the screens on the winmo app works...or hardly works. most of the time i got stuck on the fetching screen too. also, adding pics/video using the phone app is a big pain.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2