PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slickjestap is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Cannot Register on Selected network issue

Ok I have a question and I have seen a few fixes but none that have worked for me.
I have paid for the unlock and the patched radio,(Sprint) and it shows ATT Tmobile and CBW Cincinnati bell in my manual selection settings in the GSM only area. When I try and connect it says "Cannot register on selected network.Choose another network,or disconnect your data connection and try again." I have tried flashing a different patched radio,a different rom,stock rom, hard and soft resetting multiple times,and no there is no data connection active and is not connected to activesync. I also tried in various locations that I know have good signal for each carrier.
Anyone have this happen,or am I misreading that the SIM unlock will let us use GSM when CDMA networks are not available?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint T7380)

If I'm not mistaken, Hard SPL allows u to flash different roms while the SIM unlocker lets u use any SIM card in your phone. I dont think it will free up gsm for u if cdma isnt available.

If you've been helped, a 'THANKS' is very polite!

Last edited by marinemissez; 02-01-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 -> BB Tour 2
Carrier: Verizon

spcrxracer is a n00b
Re: Cannot Register on Selected network issue

FWIW I'm on VZW and I had this problem, once, with my TP2. Stock WM 6.1 rom, locked SIM. A hard reset did the trick for me. I know you already tried this without results, but I just wanted to let you know.

When I pass a Prius, I downshift to let them know that I'm the one offsetting their carbon footprint.

Last edited by spcrxracer; 02-01-2010 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: sprint

*king* is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickjestap View Post
Ok I have a question and I have seen a few fixes but none that have worked for me.
I have paid for the unlock and the patched radio,(Sprint) and it shows ATT Tmobile and CBW Cincinnati bell in my manual selection settings in the GSM only area. When I try and connect it says "Cannot register on selected network.Choose another network,or disconnect your data connection and try again." I have tried flashing a different patched radio,a different rom,stock rom, hard and soft resetting multiple times,and no there is no data connection active and is not connected to activesync. I also tried in various locations that I know have good signal for each carrier.
Anyone have this happen,or am I misreading that the SIM unlock will let us use GSM when CDMA networks are not available?
The sim unlock will let you use a att and tmo sim card while in the US, are you trying a att, tmo, and cbw sim ?
Old 02-02-2010, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

slickjestap is just getting started

Hmm I thought it unlocked the networks regardless of who's network's SIM Card you have. Meaning I have a Sprint sim of course with my sprint phone. Sprint has US carriers blocked by default for the TP2 and the SIM unlock I thought was supposed to be able to use their networks sort of like roaming. Previously in the GSM section nothing showed up,but now after the SIM unlock the Tmobile and ATT show up but they cannot connect.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickjestap View Post
Hmm I thought it unlocked the networks regardless of who's network's SIM Card you have. Meaning I have a Sprint sim of course with my sprint phone. Sprint has US carriers blocked by default for the TP2 and the SIM unlock I thought was supposed to be able to use their networks sort of like roaming. Previously in the GSM section nothing showed up,but now after the SIM unlock the Tmobile and ATT show up but they cannot connect.
Have you tried specifying the band/frequencies to use- I remember reading about this problem with people who could not get coverage on gsm- see here- hope that helps

Last edited by jimmyz; 02-02-2010 at 01:50 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2