PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 10:45 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Trip to Mexico (Sprint). $0.002/KB. Too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
How do you have this set up?

Google Voice normally operates over phone connections so without some tweaking, you'll have to pay for the call when GV calls your cellphone to connect.

I read that this can be done with sufficient fiddling around, but haven't pinched my nose and jumped yet.
yeah that's what i gathered too. and im in the same position as you as far as jumping into it. i guess because when i do go out of the country in a few months for a vacation, calling states side isn't even close to the top and middle of my list...LOL. that's why i haven't put too much thought really into looking into the tweaking for it.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 02-01-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartels View Post
Update:

I just called the number Frazell gave and the Sprint guy said they do not offer any type of international data plans on the Touch Pro 2, only a certain Blackberry. He said the only option is the per kb charge of "2 cents per kb" which sounds way more expensive than the $.002 posted on their web site. Either the site is wrong or he is. If it's 2 cents per kb and I would use 82724 kb for the week that would get awfully expensive. I'd rather pay $20.00 for WIFI to be safe in that case.
Very odd. Try their chat option they have on their website or the +1-817-698-4199, option 3. I just grabbed that earier number off the website, but I think this is the number I called from Canada and was offered the plan just over Christmas.

I believe that number is a free call as well while roaming...

I love Sprint's service, but they really need to get the reps in check. It is crazy how they don't seem to know anything... Or at least give us the option to add any and all addons online
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 02-02-2010, 02:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponicg View Post
Make sure it's really $0.002/KB!!! That is, in writing/recorded convo, make the rep say "Point Oh Oh Two Dollars per Kilobyte" etc... Why am I being anal about him saying it?

... because Verizon is retarded.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80540476/

I can't find the original, so this is the meat of it though.
OHMYGOD. That is incredible! My roommates and I just laughed our asses off at their inability to perform a SIMPLE CONVERSION! And people trust them to charge you the correct amount on your bill?!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tilt/cdma TP2/
Carrier: telus/fido/rogers/sprint/orange/

a in yul is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
Very odd. Try their chat option they have on their website or the +1-817-698-4199, option 3. I just grabbed that earier number off the website, but I think this is the number I called from Canada and was offered the plan just over Christmas.

I believe that number is a free call as well while roaming...

I love Sprint's service, but they really need to get the reps in check. It is crazy how they don't seem to know anything... Or at least give us the option to add any and all addons online
thks for the info, this will be useful for next when i travel..!!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
OHMYGOD. That is incredible! My roommates and I just laughed our asses off at their inability to perform a SIMPLE CONVERSION! And people trust them to charge you the correct amount on your bill?!
Yeah, even we Aggies seem to be able to grasp the difference between dollars and pennies.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
Yeah, even we Aggies seem to be able to grasp the difference between dollars and pennies.
LMAO! Like they say... "Aggie Special! Get 1 for 10 cents, or 2 for a quarter!"

Are you a TAMU Aggie? Or another school with Aggies as the mascot?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

There isn't a 'Data' plan. It is just international roaming for the TP 2.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/co...=30&submit.y=9

Blackberry has a plan because of RIM and their network.

In Mexico you do not need any additional features, but other than Mexico and Canada you do need to have International features on your phone.

Otherwise for Data it is .002 per kb

Last edited by c0011j; 02-02-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>6800
Threadstarter

mbartels is just getting started

Update: They DO have international data plans. I can't believe how often the Sprint reps disagree with each other:

Me: If not and I use my estimate of 82724 of data, how much would that cost? I want to make sure I don't get burned.
Gina: Sprint offers a worldwide data plan for $69.99/month. With this plan you have access to data service around the world where available with your device for only $69.99/month. If you don't have it for a full month we prorate that.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:11 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartels View Post
Update: They DO have international data plans. I can't believe how often the Sprint reps disagree with each other:

Me: If not and I use my estimate of 82724 of data, how much would that cost? I want to make sure I don't get burned.
Gina: Sprint offers a worldwide data plan for $69.99/month. With this plan you have access to data service around the world where available with your device for only $69.99/month. If you don't have it for a full month we prorate that.
LOL...did you expect anything but for them to disagree with what was told you by the previous rep? very cool regarding the worldwide data plan. like i said...i can add this to my plan when i go out of the country this coming spring. hmmm...i wonder if there's a keyboard and mouse that i can connect to my tp2. already have the a/v cable to connect to tv. since i won't have internet connection where im going, i can pretend that i have a desktop using my tp2 and the worldwide data connection!..
Old 02-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
LMAO! Like they say... "Aggie Special! Get 1 for 10 cents, or 2 for a quarter!"

Are you a TAMU Aggie? Or another school with Aggies as the mascot?
I am a real Aggie, thank you.

However, I subsequently went to medical school at UTMB, so I'm also part teasip. It gets a bit itchy at times, but is mostly tolerable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2