PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

chevy454 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
win98se to tp2?

i've got a TON of music on a desktop computer that is running on 98se...is there any way to get it to my phone via the usb cable? is there a "universal" driver that would work?
Old 01-31-2010, 10:48 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: win98se to tp2?

hey, ive got one of those too. a pc running 98se thats never even seen the internet. it should transfer just fine. mine pics my phone up as a generic disc drive and calls it g drive.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

WOW someone still using that old software?? I should talk, just threw out my dos & win 3.1 disks few months back lol

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hey, you're talking to a guy that spent hours on Telnet back in the day...I can remember finally upgrading to a 386 and feeling like I had the power of the space shuttle at my hands!

I'll try running it off a generic "usb" driver, I just figured I'd ask in case there was a better way...thanks!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
hey, ive got one of those too. a pc running 98se thats never even seen the internet. it should transfer just fine. mine pics my phone up as a generic disc drive and calls it g drive.
hey, any chance you could post the driver you used? i'm haing ZERO luck getting my cpu to recognize my tp2...
Old 02-01-2010, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

bastian74 is becoming a great contributor

You should upgrade to Windows 2000.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

charleslongsr is a n00b

Hey do you have access to a thumb drive? If so, why not load your music on that or an external drive and take it to the library and use one of their uptodate computers to transfer your files? If not that route, im sure that you know someone that would be willing to let you transfer your files from the external or thumb drive to your phone.
Hope this helps
Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
i've got a TON of music on a desktop computer that is running on 98se...is there any way to get it to my phone via the usb cable? is there a "universal" driver that would work?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleslongsr View Post
Hey do you have access to a thumb drive? If so, why not load your music on that or an external drive and take it to the library and use one of their uptodate computers to transfer your files? If not that route, im sure that you know someone that would be willing to let you transfer your files from the external or thumb drive to your phone.
Hope this helps
Charles
The thumb drive will cause the same problem. It still needs USB support.
If both units are desktops, take the hard drive out of the win98se computer and use it as a slave drive in the other computer.
By the way my 386DX running at 40mhz with 2megs RAM and a 40 meg hard drive rocked back in the day.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

exactly...i tried a thumb drive prior to getting my tp2, and i ran into the same problem. we actually own *2* laptops with xp, but can't get the music from the desktop to anything else. no internet, but if i thought i could snag a wireless card or bluetooth that would install on 98se, without costing an arm/leg, i might consider that. but as it is, i have yet to find a driver within win98 that will recognize my tp2...?
Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: SprintPCS

the_goldentiger is keeping up the good workthe_goldentiger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to the_goldentiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
If you have a USB port on that PC then you need to install this driver http://www.technical-assistance.co.u...ge-drivers.php
And get a USB Memory Card reader. Like this http://www.meritline.com/usb-card-re...--p-34532.aspx
Then transfer your Music into your MicroSD Card
More inf, on USB MASS Storage Driver http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php

Last edited by the_goldentiger; 02-02-2010 at 12:16 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2