PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 08:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PrO 2
Carrier: Sprint

geomatiq310 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to geomatiq310 Send a message via Yahoo to geomatiq310
reapply for asurion..

I have a question. I had a tp and i had 3 replacements already, so asurion told me that the 3 one would be my last one. But now that i have a tp2 is it possible to reapply to get asurion on my new tp2???? Or do i just have to wait a year to pass by?????
Old 01-31-2010, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

mathiass is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to mathiass
Re: reapply for asurion..

Why don't you call and ask? Considering only asurion can tell you what they are going to do, your only way of knowing for sure is just to call.

rockin out with MaxSense
Old 01-31-2010, 09:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Pretty sure it's 3 replacements per calendar year and/or 1k in replacement value. Not sure how much they value the TP2 - I don't think it matters if you switch phones or not, it's just 3 per calendar year.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 @_@

johnnyeoneal is keeping up the good workjohnnyeoneal is keeping up the good work

yeah I believe it's 3 per year, so doesn't matter that now is 2010, if you've had 3 in last 12 months cannot get another for 12 more months. I just recently made my 3rd claim and am in the same boat. And I work for Sprint. I am wondering if I can give it some time and next time I switch phones throw TEP back on and see if it sticks, but I doubt it. They will prolly have a flag come up when and if my PTN tries to make another claim. You could however use another # to do it if you have more than 1 line on your account. Or a friend who hasn't made any claims yet.. just a thought.

My advise...do what I'm doing.. taje extra care of this one and do not let anyone use it..nobody..not even family.. if you do that you won't need to mae another claim anyway.

If anyone has helped you, please don't forget the thanks button. I work at Sprint so if there is anything I can do or info I can give contribute to this site please feel free.

=D>

Old 01-31-2010, 11:32 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

If you cancel your tep account on a phone, you cant get it back. you would have to buy a brand new phone to qualify again with verizon. Not sure about sprint. But think they all made the change because people would only get it when the phone went bad, turn it in then cancel

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

queknight is a n00b

Always check your statement. I had 3 TPs and they said that I would be cancelled. Later I notice that i was still being charged. I called as if they didn't tell me anything to claim my phone and was told that I had been cancelled. I replied that I am still being charged so I was under the assumption that I still had insurance. after a brief discussion with a supervisor I was informed that they would be sending me out a new phone and it was an upgrade to TP2. I recieved it about a month ago.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you sir, are an exception to the rule. Obviously you were able to get through a loophole. A loophole is to put an alternative ESN on the account and tell CC that you purchased the device at retail cost from the local store, theyll add TEP again and then just swap back into the device that needs replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queknight View Post
Always check your statement. I had 3 TPs and they said that I would be cancelled. Later I notice that i was still being charged. I called as if they didn't tell me anything to claim my phone and was told that I had been cancelled. I replied that I am still being charged so I was under the assumption that I still had insurance. after a brief discussion with a supervisor I was informed that they would be sending me out a new phone and it was an upgrade to TP2. I recieved it about a month ago.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 02-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
If you cancel your tep account on a phone, you cant get it back. you would have to buy a brand new phone to qualify again with verizon. Not sure about sprint. But think they all made the change because people would only get it when the phone went bad, turn it in then cancel
Sprint is the same way....has to be a new phone purchased from Sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2