PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   reapply for asurion.. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108861)

geomatiq310 01-31-2010 08:49 PM

reapply for asurion..

I have a question. I had a tp and i had 3 replacements already, so asurion told me that the 3 one would be my last one. But now that i have a tp2 is it possible to reapply to get asurion on my new tp2???? Or do i just have to wait a year to pass by?????

mathiass 01-31-2010 08:56 PM

Re: reapply for asurion..

Why don't you call and ask? Considering only asurion can tell you what they are going to do, your only way of knowing for sure is just to call.

Sim-X 01-31-2010 09:45 PM

Pretty sure it's 3 replacements per calendar year and/or 1k in replacement value. Not sure how much they value the TP2 - I don't think it matters if you switch phones or not, it's just 3 per calendar year.

johnnyeoneal 01-31-2010 09:55 PM

yeah I believe it's 3 per year, so doesn't matter that now is 2010, if you've had 3 in last 12 months cannot get another for 12 more months. I just recently made my 3rd claim and am in the same boat. And I work for Sprint. I am wondering if I can give it some time and next time I switch phones throw TEP back on and see if it sticks, but I doubt it. They will prolly have a flag come up when and if my PTN tries to make another claim. You could however use another # to do it if you have more than 1 line on your account. Or a friend who hasn't made any claims yet.. just a thought.

My advise...do what I'm doing.. taje extra care of this one and do not let anyone use it..nobody..not even family.. if you do that you won't need to mae another claim anyway.

clueless25 01-31-2010 11:32 PM

If you cancel your tep account on a phone, you cant get it back. you would have to buy a brand new phone to qualify again with verizon. Not sure about sprint. But think they all made the change because people would only get it when the phone went bad, turn it in then cancel

queknight 02-28-2010 06:42 AM

Always check your statement. I had 3 TPs and they said that I would be cancelled. Later I notice that i was still being charged. I called as if they didn't tell me anything to claim my phone and was told that I had been cancelled. I replied that I am still being charged so I was under the assumption that I still had insurance. after a brief discussion with a supervisor I was informed that they would be sending me out a new phone and it was an upgrade to TP2. I recieved it about a month ago.

nxtech3 02-28-2010 12:51 PM

you sir, are an exception to the rule. Obviously you were able to get through a loophole. A loophole is to put an alternative ESN on the account and tell CC that you purchased the device at retail cost from the local store, theyll add TEP again and then just swap back into the device that needs replaced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by queknight (Post 1597074)
Always check your statement. I had 3 TPs and they said that I would be cancelled. Later I notice that i was still being charged. I called as if they didn't tell me anything to claim my phone and was told that I had been cancelled. I replied that I am still being charged so I was under the assumption that I still had insurance. after a brief discussion with a supervisor I was informed that they would be sending me out a new phone and it was an upgrade to TP2. I recieved it about a month ago.

awenthol 02-28-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clueless25 (Post 1531096)
If you cancel your tep account on a phone, you cant get it back. you would have to buy a brand new phone to qualify again with verizon. Not sure about sprint. But think they all made the change because people would only get it when the phone went bad, turn it in then cancel

Sprint is the same way....has to be a new phone purchased from Sprint.