PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

twostep is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does Wifi Router = Tethering?

I use it on and off and haven't seen anything show up in the bill. I wouldn't be worried about it.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

company phone so...don't really wanna do custom ROMs

i can install the 2 files but i am trying to figure out if i need to.

i have been using wi-fi router for awhile now, never got the vzw web page. so i am trying to figure out if...

a) my boss is going to ask me wtf is up with my phone bill =)
b) if wi-fi router does NOT need the 2 fix files as it is undetectable

etc...

i appreciate your help!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
company phone so...don't really wanna do custom ROMs

i can install the 2 files but i am trying to figure out if i need to.

i have been using wi-fi router for awhile now, never got the vzw web page. so i am trying to figure out if...

a) my boss is going to ask me wtf is up with my phone bill =)
b) if wi-fi router does NOT need the 2 fix files as it is undetectable

etc...

i appreciate your help!
I understand about not wanting to flash to a custom ROM since it's comapny related

To answer your questions:

a) As long as you install the two files, you will not see a charge on your bill. But you MUST install these two files if you are on the stock ROM

b) wi-fi router DOES NEED the two files. the original files that came with your phone are 'bad' and can tell that you're tethering. those 2 files in the other thread you're referring to will replace the ones that came with your phone and modify the internet sharing function of your phone so that your carrier cannot see the tethering

So install those 2 files and you'll be good to go. Your boss should not see any extra charges, and you will still be able to use wifi router with no problems

good luck
Old 02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

chevy454 is just getting started

Do any US Cellular subscribers have experience with the "ICS and WModem Fix" cab, and does it work as described on our "stock" Tp2s? I just wanna make sure first...

And, does wmwifirouter have the fixes cooked in, or do I need to go ahead and download the hotfix cabs?

Last edited by chevy454; 02-01-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

chevy454 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
Do any US Cellular subscribers have experience with the "ICS and WModem Fix" cab, and does it work as described on our "stock" Tp2s? I just wanna make sure first...

And, does wmwifirouter have the fixes cooked in, or do I need to go ahead and download the hotfix cabs?
Any USC guys reading????
Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

vette_ss is a n00b

So if you have an unlimited data plan, does it even matter if your provider (Sprint for me) detects tethering? Only had my TP2 a few days now, but have interest in this wifi router deal. Searching now for this cab.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

mp3ster is a n00b

mightyrom + htc wifi router = no charges on my bill.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:23 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette_ss View Post
So if you have an unlimited data plan, does it even matter if your provider (Sprint for me) detects tethering? Only had my TP2 a few days now, but have interest in this wifi router deal. Searching now for this cab.
yes it does. because you're supposed to get the optional PAM (phone-as-modem) plan to do tethering with you device.

im having a senior moment guys...but the stealth tethering cab that is in the sticky section will work with the touch pro...correct?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2