PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 07:32 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GUIDE FOR Sprint TP2 on boost

This is a guide based off my experiences on how to get everything working properly on boost mobile. This is not my work nor do i take credit for it i was helped by many. im just putting it together in one place for every one that needs it. Oh and i seen all over craigslist and ebay that they sell guides on how to do this everyone that learns from here please do not try to sell this instead help out who ever needs it just like you needed it.

1) You need to have a boost CDMA account active
* CDMA, yes boost has CDMA just like sprint. ** CDMA not IDEN in other words no walkie talkie.
1.5) if you have a walkie talkie account just call boost Customer service (C.S.) and tell the rep you want to transfer your account to the cdma side
2) Call boost mobile C.S. and tell them you want to swap phones on your account for whatever reason you can make up i.e. phone broke or fell on water. Just tell them its a red phone or something and it works
3) Do not tell them that your new phone is a sprint phone they will tell you cant do it not possible. Dont get worried it will work
4) They will ask you for the phones info give it to them (if they ask u if its a sprint phone deny it all the way) then they will tell you what numbers to punch in follow that exactly the way they say.
5. Once it is done wait a few while the phone gets completely activated on their system. At first text messages might not work and data as well. just give it till the end of that day it should work but if it doesn just wait a little bit.
6. Then make sure you carrier provisioned it make sure to select Sprint.
7. Run the Sprint prl update to make sure you get data working.
** Now for the big one everyone has been having problems with MMS**
Never mind i forgot how to do that one sorry . LOL
8. On a custom rom (i use Mighty rom FF) install the Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 cab that i atached at the bottom and do exactly like this
*Install the cab to your phones memory
*Soft reset
*Go to Messages
*All messages
*Menu
* MMS options or Pics/Video Options
*Servers
* Click on NEW
*Server Name = put whatever name you want
*Gateway = leave blank
*Port number leave at 80
*Server address: http://mm.myboostmobile.com
*Connect via: Sprint
*Send limit= leave at 500K
*Press done
* Under setting select the name you created and then click on Set as default
* Exit out and soft reset just to be on the safe side then your should be able to send/receive MMS
9) You should have everything working correctly from here its back to customizing however you feel like.

I added the soft reset cab also just to make it easier just install it doesnt matter either your phones memory or sdcard and look for the icon in the start menu press it and it will soft reset

Oh and foreveryone that bought the phone "flashed to boost mobile" there isnt such thing they just did as stated above. There is no flashing to boost and there isnt a boost mobile rom.

If i forgot something let me know ill add it to here or maybe someone else will. If you have any either question just ask.

***If you dont succeed to activate your phone on boost the first time just keep trying but for no reason whatsoever snitch on the rest of us by telling the Boost C.S. rep " I know someone else that has the tp2 connected to boost so it is possible" after they tell you its not possible. Thats the same thing as being a snitch.

*If I helped anyone in any way all I ask for is for you to hit the thanks button thats all*

Last edited by masetas; 01-24-2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: No snitching snitches get stitches
This post has been thanked 30 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (flashed)
Carrier: Boost

liddysue is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: GUIDE FOR Sprint TP2 on boost

When I got to the "servers" section, it won't let me click on New. There's a world icon with red right arrow on it that's called SprintMMSC under both CDMA Servers & GSM Servers. This is my first post. I have no clue what I'm doing yet. Mine is a 6.5 Windows/Sprint TP2 that I'm using on Boost
Old 09-13-2010, 11:59 AM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

Did you install the .cab directly to the phone memory and then do a soft reset?

Hey your info states you have a touch pro 2 (flashed) flashed to what?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700, PPC6800, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Epic 4G

ExpletiveDeleted001 is just getting started

been thinking of switching to boost for a while now. How is they're service for voice/data compared to sprint? Figured it might be the same towers/ network, since Sprint owns boost.. ANyone know for sure?
Old 09-14-2010, 11:59 AM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpletiveDeleted001 View Post
been thinking of switching to boost for a while now. How is they're service for voice/data compared to sprint? Figured it might be the same towers/ network, since Sprint owns boost.. ANyone know for sure?
Their service is the same as Sprint. Except you dont have to deal with contracts or any suprise charges. Ive been using boost for a while now and I havent had any complains. When my phone doesnt have any Sprint signal it roams to Verizon network and i dont get charged for that. Oh yeah and its all unlimited completely and you can tether as well for only $50 a month. Hope this helps
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

Thanks much for your guide, bout time someone did one. So are there any downsides to it? Can your phone still be insured?
Old 09-15-2010, 02:34 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedo View Post
Thanks much for your guide, bout time someone did one. So are there any downsides to it? Can your phone still be insured?

Your welcome thanks for giving thanks. Downsides i think the only one could be if you need it would be that you cant have your phone insured but there is many benefits $$$$$ to it .
Old 09-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Lurker

liddysue is a n00b

Still can't add a server...sorry I forgot to check back on this sooner. My sprint tp2 is flashed to be used on boost mobile. Yes, I've done the soft reset over & over & still cannot click to add a server on CDMA or GSM servers.

At Expletive, no, it's not the same. I have absolutely no service whatsoever with sprint at my house whereas I had half ass service with boost/nextel there.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Lurker

liddysue is a n00b

i haven't figured out enough to know about installing a different rom so I just used the softreset....ARM.cab file
Old 09-30-2010, 03:01 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

[QUOTE=liddysue;1961313]Still can't add a server...sorry I forgot to check back on this sooner. My sprint tp2 is flashed to be used on boost mobile. Yes, I've done the soft reset over & over & still cannot click to add a server on CDMA or GSM servers.

First your phone cant be flashed to boost mobile theres no such thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liddysue View Post
i haven't figured out enough to know about installing a different rom so I just used the softreset....ARM.cab file
Second: The .cab i attached is for custom roms only. you need a different one. look for one thats called boostmmsfix that one should probably fix your problem. If it doesnt just let me know

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint tp2 on boost