PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Consigliere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry SMS error: "the message cannot be signed and or encrypted"

So after hard reseting my device 5 times or so in the past few days I thought I would post here to see if anyone else has had a similar problem or could help me out.

First off I'm using a TP2 with 6.5 stock rom...

It all started 3 weeks ago when my phone stopped recognizing my password after rebooting. Luckily I had made a backup file a week ago before this happened. So I hard reset, installed backup file and all seemed to be fine for a week. Then the next weekend my yahoo mail account tried downloading every email I've ever received in the past 5 years, lol. Which lagged my phone considerably. This happened once before with my TP, and I simply deleted my yahoo on my phone, and set it up again since I wasn't able to access the options due to the lag.

Well soon after my texts start lagging big time. While scrolling through the list of texts it was distorting, some texts were appearing more than once. New texts were starting new threads for the SAME person! I think my phone was smoking crack haha. When I would try to send a text it would show the little windows symbol colors revolving for a good 5-10 minutes until an error message would pop up stating "the message cannot be signed and or encrypted". After a few soft resets it would work fine for a few minutes then start acting screwy again.

I hard reset, did a full backup and all was fine again... For about another week.

So now, again, I'm having the same error message after hard reseting another 5 times. Each time I scale back the backup, trying to weed out the problem. The last backup I did, I only included contacts and texts. No system settings/files etc. Which really sucks because I had a lot of things set up to my liking, apps and what not. I'm still getting the error message! Texting is crippled, not even getting texts now. If the EVO had a physical keyboard I'd be there already lol.

Then again there are somethings I really like about WinMo so I'm trying to fix this problem without having to go to the repair center. Cuz I know I'm just gonna end up getting another TP2 with a whole new set of problems to have fun with, lol.

So anyone else ever had the problems I'm having? Any idea how to fix this? I'm about to hard reset again. Figured this time when i hard reset I can free up some more storage space by eliminating some of the bloatware, like nascar and nfl. Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: SMS error: "the message cannot be signed and or encrypted"

How many messages are you trying to save? Windows does not like you to have a lot of SMSs stored. Definitely try restoring only the contacts. And try to keep your inbox clean. Hopefully this helps some.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Consigliere is a n00b

Well in the past I've had about 25,000 texts in my inbox and no problem. Now I only have about 13,000 texts and am having problems. I'm talking actually texts here, not threads lol. I prefer to keep my texts in threads so it's easier to see the whole conversation I've had with someone.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Wow that is an insane amount. Definitely think that is part of your problem. Mine will start acting weird if I have 500 or so. I would try to hard reset (I say hard reset cause if you try to erase all those messages it will take forever lol) and restore just your contacts and see if that solves your problem.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Consigliere is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
Wow that is an insane amount. Definitely think that is part of your problem. Mine will start acting weird if I have 500 or so. I would try to hard reset (I say hard reset cause if you try to erase all those messages it will take forever lol) and restore just your contacts and see if that solves your problem.

Well I went ahead and did another hard reset. This time I did something different. I backed up contacts of course, but instead of backing up all "messages" I only included the cemail.vol file. There were two other folders that were labled "messages" that when clicked to view what was inside, it lagged the whole phone and froze up Sprite. So I didn't include the "messages" folder and the mysterious folder below with no name.

After hard resetting the phone worked fine. Haven't had any problems yet, very smooth and much faster now. Oh and I can text now without any error messages. However, I did still receive the "a problem has occured with services.exe" error message, but I disabled error reporting. Anyone have any idea why this happened?

So my phone was working fine, I decided to try and reinstall google maps (newest version) and then replace the configuration files under application data with my old files I had saved to my SD card. I wanted to keep all my saved favorite places. But then newer version would not recognize my saved files when put in the correct folder. I then went ahead and did another backup with all my old google maps files, including the link for the start menu. And I got back all my favorite places!

I'm kinda glad I did the backup because I still had lingering files from my touch pro on the touch pro 2. I was always running out of room since I think I put a lot of system file related stuff that I didn't need.

Oh and I trimmed down my texts too just incase, but I'm still around 13,000. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
message, signed and or encrypted