PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
improving Sling performance (big thanks to steveusa)

Poster steveusa recently posted that GfxBoost enabled would improve the performance slightly of Sling Mobile.

I had given up using GfxBoost & never bothered installing it with my current ROM as it basically ruined the performance of CorePlayer & I never realized how simple it is to turn it on/off

Steve agreed that is was not good for CP but that it was simple to enable it only when Sling was going to be used.

I decided to give that simple app another shot yesterday & I am absolutely thrilled with the results. I installed GfxBoost 1.2 & enabled it.

With GfxBoost enabled, I get no video at all with CorePlayer (although the audio works fine) but my Sling Mobile performance is so good I was literally shocked. I have a Pro-Clip bracket in my truck & when I drop the TP2 into it, it automatically connects the video out to my 7" DBL DIN DVD/NAV screen & the sound to my killer multi-amp sound system.

The picture from the Sling setup using GfxBoost is incredible. The picture is not hi-def of course, but it is so good it rivals an actual standard-def TV screen.

To use CorePlayer, all I have to do is disable the GfxBoost app which doesn't even require a soft reset.

~John
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

R2D2 631 is keeping up the good workR2D2 631 is keeping up the good work
Re: improving Sling performance (big thanks to steveusa)

can someone post the cab GFXBoost
Old 01-22-2010, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I'm on the road, but i'll post it when I get to work (if someone from this awesome community doesn't beat me to it)
Old 01-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjv631 View Post
can someone post the cab GFXBoost
Ask and receive!
Attached Files
File Type: cab GfxBoost.cab (163.0 KB, 75 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

seedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuffseedogg knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

What are everyone's consistent framerates and connection speeds using Slingplayer. I run 25 -28 fps at ~ 330 Kbps watching music videos in standard definition. I get the same watching a movie in HD. Watching sports it is very inconsistent. Fluctuates from 12 - 28. Connection speed gets into the 400's at times with no gain in framerate. My settings are automatic buffer, Medium action optimization, GfxBoost and use GDI Rendering.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I figured someone would post that cab before I got to work (what a totally awesome community this is). That cab doesn't say what version it is. There are three different version & I don't know if it matters what version you're using or not.

I am using 1.2, I will post that version if anybody wants it.

seedog,

my settings are exactly the same as yours except I do not have the GDI rendering box checked (I could never tell much if any difference with that box checked or not)

Of all the different stuff I watch, ESPN NFL football is certainly the most inconsistent as far as frame rates go for some reason (that figures as I am a HUGE NFL fan & my son is a starting WR for a D3 program).

Football is still perfectly watchable (I use it for that all the time) but that is where it fluctuates the most for some reason.

~John
Old 01-22-2010, 01:17 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

v 1.2 i hope its helpful
Attached Files
File Type: cab GfxBoost-1.2-Service.cab (315.1 KB, 67 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Someone asked the other day how to use this program as it is not always readily apparent.

To enable/disable it you have to go to start>settings>system>GfxBoost.

Thanks for posting that Austin, 1.2 is the latest version.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The version posted by HTC_TP is the older version (0.7). Seeing that after I installed it, I went to XDA and downloaded the latest version (1.2) and tried that version.

For me, the older version actually produced smoother playback so I'm sticking with that for now.

IMO, connection speed (and upload speed) are still the most important components. This does seem to help make playback smoother, however.

Interested to hear which version other people find better.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavblues View Post
The version posted by HTC_TP is the older version (0.7). Seeing that after I installed it, I went to XDA and downloaded the latest version (1.2) and tried that version.

For me, the older version actually produced smoother playback so I'm sticking with that for now.

IMO, connection speed (and upload speed) are still the most important components. This does seem to help make playback smoother, however.

Interested to hear which version other people find better.

That is interesting, the only version I have ever used is 1.2.

I should probably try the older version myself & see how it works in my system (every system is different so it may or may not work better in my particular setup)

You are 100% correct about connection speed. The biggest difference I have made to date was last year when I updated my wireless router & replaced some of my LAN cabling, THAT made a HUGE difference in Sling Mobile display quality....

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2