PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sense 2.5 All Programs Link (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108771)

Cobaltikus 01-31-2010 02:48 AM

Sense 2.5 All Programs Link

When you click an empty shortcut slot on the home tab, a window appears with a list of all the programs in the programs folder.

Is there another way to make this screen appear? A link of some sort?

I'd like to add a shortcut to this Manila All Programs list to the bottom of my home tab.

Anyone know how to do that?

I find it difficult to find the programs I'm looking for in the 6.5 Start Menu and would much prefer an alphabetized single column list.

nomi34 03-24-2010 06:01 PM

Re: Sense 2.5 All Programs Link

Agreed - I would like a softkey for this aswell!

HTCotta 03-24-2010 06:15 PM

This sounds like a very good idea, I'm guessing not hard to implement either (for someone more manila inclined than myself, of course) I'm in line for this one, who's got the skills?! haha

nomi34 03-24-2010 06:39 PM

Cookie's home tab has it but it makes the phone slower as it wasn't meant for the TP AND i think TP2.1 had it as well - if I had the cab for the programs tab from 2.1 maybe I can find the link? (First time heh)

nomi34 03-24-2010 09:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the Cab - this used to work in 2.1 - but more importantly it had softlink at the bottom of the tab that launched the List.

Attached is the list to which im referring.

DarkLight 03-24-2010 09:54 PM

It's not overly complex in what it does, it's 3 registry edits and an additional manila file. I haven't delved into the manila file yet but seeing as how the registry edits disable the standard start menu and unhide the manila menu:

Code:

<characteristic type="Registry">
<characteristic type="HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila">
<parm name="EnableStartMenu" value="0" datatype="integer" />
<parm name="Manila://programs.page.hidden" value="0" datatype="integer" />
</characteristic>
<characteristic type="HKLM\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu">
<parm name="EnableManilaStartMenu" value="0" datatype="integer" />

...It is a Mode9 manila file and I know less than nothing about modifying those but I do know that those are where the scripts live...It might end up being nothing more than the equivalent of a shortcut. :dontknow:

I'll install it in the morning (having trouble seeing straight after a LONG week today) and see if I can figure even a part of it out. After poking around with the M9 editor this one looks fairly straight forward so it might be a good one to learn on. :mrgreen:

DarkLight 03-24-2010 10:05 PM

Ok, good news is that I didn't nuke my phone. Bad news is that it didn't seem to do ANYTHING. I'm running the stock Verizon 6.5 ROM (work phone so no HSPL unlock, don't go there, please, just don't go there) and the latest installable SenseUI 2.5 from the HD2.

The cab installed just fine and asked me to reset. I did, it came up, I unlocked, I hit start, nuthin different.

I'm going to leave it installed and see if I can see anything in the morning after I've had some sleep.:sleepy2:

nomi34 03-24-2010 10:08 PM

Thanks DarkLight ill keep an eye :)

nomi34 03-31-2010 02:14 AM

shameless bump?

nomi34 04-10-2010 03:28 PM

One last shameless bump - hopefully someone can help w/ this.