PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Problem with Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108740)

ETphoneHOME 01-30-2010 10:21 PM

Problem with Touch Pro 2

Hello fellow ppcgeekers. I encountered a little hardware problem with my Touch Pro 2 today. My phone keeps shutting off by itself so I traced the problem back to my battery. The battery itself is still good (I think), the problem starts when my battery is pushed into the phone. It will work fine as long as the back cover is off. Once I slide the back cover back on, the phone will refuse to turn on. I realize that if I push the left side of the battery against the phone, it will reset it self. Any ideas? I really need my phone tomorrow and would rather not carry it around without a backcover. However, I will be bringing it into a Sprint repair center if I cannot get this problem fixed myself. Comments, ideas, answers and questions are welcome. Thanks.

fishingmedic 01-30-2010 10:32 PM

Re: Problem with Touch Pro 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETphoneHOME (Post 1528822)
Hello fellow ppcgeekers. I encountered a little hardware problem with my Touch Pro 2 today. My phone keeps shutting off by itself so I traced the problem back to my battery. The battery itself is still good (I think), the problem starts when my battery is pushed into the phone. It will work fine as long as the back cover is off. Once I slide the back cover back on, the phone will refuse to turn on. I realize that if I push the left side of the battery against the phone, it will reset it self. Any ideas? I really need my phone tomorrow and would rather not carry it around without a backcover. However, I will be bringing it into a Sprint repair center if I cannot get this problem fixed myself. Comments, ideas, answers and questions are welcome. Thanks.

I don't think you have an option. It's not as simple as flashing a new ROM or removing a taskbar... it's a hardware issue, and unless you feel like putting a piece of tape here or a shim there, you've gotta take it to the repair center and see if they can fix it. Sounds like a contact issue, trying cleaning them off (or maybe a bad connection in the internals), but other than that, repair center it is.

marinemissez 01-30-2010 10:34 PM

Would you happen to have drilled a hole over the soft reset button? If so, make sure there are no extra pieces that can press the button. The only other thing I can think of is that one of the battery's plates is not connecting to the points that it should touch. I would take it in

Dr.8820 01-30-2010 10:37 PM

^ plus one.

ETphoneHOME 01-30-2010 10:51 PM

No modifications done to my TouchPro2. However, for the last two days I have been using a Cellet rubberized holster for a T-Mobile TouchPro2, I have the Sprint TouchPro2. I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem or not. But it seems like I will have to do without my phone tomorrow. Thanks guys, I was actually contemplating if I should take my TouchPro2 apart and see if i can spot anything wrong inside of it. Better leave that up to the pros at the repair center huh?

ETphoneHOME 02-02-2010 04:56 PM

Brought my phone into my local Sprint repair center yesterday and today my brand spanking new TP2 came in.