PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Deleting Bloatware without flashing to Custom ROM

How can I delete bloatware on my TP2 without flashing out of my custom ROM? I am happy with the Stock rom but I'd just like to get rid of crap like NFL mobile, Sprint store among many others. Please help. Thanks!
P.S: Got an NIB TP2 and it rocks!
Old 01-30-2010, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: Deleting Bloatware without flashing to Custom ROM

You can visit the cleanup thread stickied here to get rid of some stuff. Other stuff is built into the ROM and can't really be removed, best you could do is delete the shortcut from the start menu. See if it's able to be removed from Settings>System>Remove Programs, but my guess is that most stuff you don't want (if anything) won't be in the list.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

Yeah I already tried the cleanup thread. That didn't work in terms of removing the bloatware...settings>system> remove programs doesn't do it either. SO are we all living with the bloatware? It doesn't go away unless you flash to a custom ROM huh? That kinda sucks.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:18 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesfactor View Post
How can I delete bloatware on my TP2 without flashing out of my custom ROM? I am happy with the Stock rom but I'd just like to get rid of crap like NFL mobile, Sprint store among many others. Please help. Thanks!
P.S: Got an NIB TP2 and it rocks!
u mean something like this....
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=bare+bone

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesfactor View Post
Yeah I already tried the cleanup thread. That didn't work in terms of removing the bloatware...settings>system> remove programs doesn't do it either. SO are we all living with the bloatware? It doesn't go away unless you flash to a custom ROM huh? That kinda sucks.
Not everyone considers the stuff you mention as bloatware?
Old 01-31-2010, 07:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

There are fewer issues with stuff installed on WM phones by the carriers because the stuff isn't running in the background (or ever if you don't use it) like stuff installed by OEM computer manufacturers. Delete the shortcuts from the Start Menu and then it'll be like the stuff isn't there.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

so there is no way to make these unwanted apps appear in the remove programs list at all? i could really do without nfl mobile, nascar, mobile guide, getting started, help, software store, sprint music, etc. i have never used any of these apps ever... not on my titan, moguls, tp1 or tp2 and id rather have the free space if possible
Old 02-03-2010, 03:01 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

flash a clean ROM and call it a day

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2