PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Exclamation Help!!!! My phone keeps restarting!!!can i take it to verizon (i have a custom rom)??

My phone keeps powering on showing my boot animation then turning off and doing the same thing. Im not even turning it on its doing it by itself. HELP!!!!

Old 01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help!!!! My phone keeps restarting!!! Wont Power ON!!.. Come On! Not even 1 view!

Please help!
Old 01-30-2010, 02:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

benanthony is just getting started
Re: Help!!!! My phone keeps restarting!!! Wont Power ON!!.. Come On! Not even 1 view!

I'm guessing you have a defective end key, happened to my first TP2. Basically the end key / power key (for verizon) breaks and gets stuck down, so the power keeps coming on and off. if you mess with it enough and hit soft reset enough times you will eventually be able to get it to boot but you have to be quick and click on no to the power off message. Then you can use your phone at least but the end key won't work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benanthony View Post
I'm guessing you have a defective end key, happened to my first TP2. Basically the end key / power key (for verizon) breaks and gets stuck down, so the power keeps coming on and off. if you mess with it enough and hit soft reset enough times you will eventually be able to get it to boot but you have to be quick and click on no to the power off message. Then you can use your phone at least but the end key won't work.
thanks, if i can backup everything then i can get it replaced
Old 01-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

could the battery be dead and it doesnt have enough power to turn on?
Old 01-30-2010, 02:50 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Re: Help!!!! My phone keeps restarting!!! Wont Power ON!!..

Take it to a service store.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
Take it to a service store.
im running mightyrom so i cant take it to the store until i relock and flash to stock, right?
Old 01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

it just fully turned on for like 30 seconds then shut off again
Old 01-30-2010, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Re: Help!!!! My phone keeps restarting!!!can i take it to verizon (i have a custom ro

cant get it to go into bootloader?
Old 01-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Re: Help!!!! My phone keeps restarting!!!can i take it to verizon (i have a custom ro

how do i get it into bootloader?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2