PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 w/ EnergyRom
Carrier: Sprint

Ikonic is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stock 6.5 ROM for Sprint Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnmk View Post
Stock WinMo 6.5 is scheduled for Feb. 1 release last I heard.
i heard they are not releasing a 6.5 WinMo on sprint i heard they are waiting and are gonna just skip it and release 6.6 when it comes out at the end of the quarter

Old 01-30-2010, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 w/ EnergyRom

Ikonic is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post
You've got the definition of stock wrong then. Around here, stock means the official ROM from your carrier. So it's correct to say that there is no such thing as what you requested, which is a stock 6.5 ROM for the Sprint Touch Pro 2.

However, if you're looking for a ROM that is close to what the stock 6.5 ROM is likely to look like, there are a number of options. MightyROM is extremely popular and pretty much an improved stock ROM without a whole lot of flair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXplicit View Post
I'm looking for a BASE 6.5 ROM that will work with the Sprint Touch Pro 2. Does anyone know where I can get something that comes close or is the actual BASE ROM?
The closet you can come to a stock 6.5 rom for sprint would be the mightyrom. you will have to hardspl it before you flash the mightyrom onto the phone itself. all of which is explained more in detail in the mightyrom thread on cdma upgrades.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnmk View Post
Stock WinMo 6.5 is scheduled for Feb. 1 release last I heard.
i heard they are not releasing a 6.5 WinMo on sprint i heard they are waiting and are gonna just skip it and release 6.6 when it comes out at the end of the quarter
I called HTC North America last Wednesday and asked when Windows 6.5 for the Sprint TP2 was releasing. After asking her manager, she informed me that 6.5 will officially be available either sometime in Feb. or March.

And quotes like the one im quoting upon arent legit unless you have a source, a time of the question, and a source where others can check for themselves.

JUST A THOUGHT
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 02-09-2010, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ruben86 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ruben86

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109784 is about as close as you are going to get.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2