PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Charging current is not enough on USB (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108644)

manekineko 01-30-2010 01:21 AM

Charging current is not enough on USB

I have a USB AC charger that works fine for all my other USB devices, including a Touch Diamond and Touch Pro 1. It puts out the USB specification 500mA. When I charge my Touch Pro 2 with it, I get the following message:

"The charging current is not enough for device power consumption. Please shut down unused applications or switch to AC Adapter."

Anyone else seen this issue and manage to resolve it, or am I stuck for some reason using HTC's adapter?

I'm running EnergyROM 23518.

KrazyKevin76 01-30-2010 01:27 AM

Re: Charging current is not enough on USB

A buddy of mine is getting that message after flashing to the stock verizon 6.5 rom. He's having the bad battery life issue also. I'm talking 4hrs max run time with no usage!!!

Eschelon 01-30-2010 03:28 PM

USB 2.0 only charges at 500mA. It does not charge at the same power as a U.S. wall outlet (~900-1,000 mA)

As such, if you are doing an intensive work on your phone while it's plugged into USB, it's likely that the USB's charge will not be enough

i360 01-30-2010 04:34 PM

Try neupower battery, it has a setting to make the phone charge must faster. I had that message too on a custom rom which has since disappeared after installation of this program.

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pag...ueBattery.aspx

If useful hit thanks, thanks.

- Or ignore this post all together

KrazyKevin76 01-30-2010 04:38 PM

Something is definatly going on with the new 6.5 roms. It is very random. But, I've never seen people complaining about the message coming up before the new verizon 6.5 rom came out. Now, all of a sudden, many people are getting the message that never got it before. It has to do something with the battery issue. If you google these issues, its pretty known on the net.

ppcgpirate 01-30-2010 06:02 PM

i was getting this message on stock sprint tp2.

uglyone888 01-30-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppcgpirate (Post 1528407)
i was getting this message on stock sprint tp2.

Same here. Running stock Sprint ROM and while tethering for awhile then sending the occasional text message all while plugged into the computer. I figured USB didn't output enough power to be able to charge it while running programs on it.

But if there is any way to fix this, that'd be great!

marinemissez 01-30-2010 10:51 PM

The only time I've ever gotten that message is when the battery is really low. If I try to do anything on it while plugged into the computer, I get that message. The charging current is not enough for it to multi-task. Have you ever tried letting it charge a little while first then continuing to do stuff with it (ie, tethering, texting, talking, etc)?

Mojary 01-31-2010 03:14 AM

got that message for the very 1st time tonight. was trying out some tweaks for stock rom. low battery voice came on and i plugged in usb. marinemissez might be right because i was still doing a lot to my phone while on usb charge and with minimum charge. never happened before when i would just leave the phone alone.

mc_365 01-31-2010 04:42 AM

I started getting the message after the 6.5 VZW upgrade.

Previously my phone would charge off of my office PCs USB.

Now if I plug it into the same PC, I get the message and the battery drains down to zero if I use the phone, like normal, browsing the web, checking email. playing suduko, ect., becuase my company blocks non essential web access.

I've found that if I turn the phones power off, then connect to USB, it will charge, while the phone is not on.