PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 09:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

kierandill is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Charging current is not enough on USB

I have always seen this, even with my previous phone (Tilt) on the crap HP desktop PCs at work. Every single day my TP2 will do this at lunch at work. But at home on my dinky MSI netbook, it has NEVER done it. In my opinion the HP USB ports are substandard.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mc_365 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
I want to Say I agree with AV8TR. I get this message once in a while with a cheapo charger I use. but usually if I shut off the backlight (suspend button) and let it sit a while I comeback and it is charged. Worst case scenario when I was near dead battery was to switch to airplane mode, and charge for short while, you know with backlight off.
Dudes, bought phone at launch, charged of PC fine, did the vzw 6.5 upgrade, now I get this message about insufficient voltage to charge. It flat out will not charge while the Phone is powered on, in fact is depleets the battery faster.
Same phone same apps, USB cable, same computer. If I power the phone off it will charge.

I think if Mighty is having the same issue with his roms suddenly, it has to be in the 6.5 WM build that he is using.

Do a search and see how many have posted similar before and after 6.5 wide release.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

kierandill is becoming a great contributor

I think there is something going on with 6.5, certainly, but it does not seem universal. I did the OEM Verizon 6.5 upgrade. Right now, my phone has aabout 74% charge, so I plugged it into my netbook in Disk Drive mode to start charging. Then I turned on bluetooth, wifi, data, and Google Maps with GPS on. So I am using as much juice as I possibly can, but the popup is not happening.
What is odd id acbPower says I am using about 250-300 mA, which I assume is net, meaning the phone is using that much more than the incoming charge. But maybe not, since Batti reports my charge level over several minutes is now up to 81%.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 w/ EnergyRom
Carrier: Sprint

Ikonic is becoming a great contributor

I've seen this message once or twice while i was using stock roms on my tp2. and i had battery life issues aswell. there was a program that was drastically hurting my battery life. i suggest you check which programs you have running. i know for a fact that some programs effect battery life. the program that killed my battery was Palringo. it keep searching for internet on a constant basis. after i got rid of that program i nvr got tht message again and my battery life increase 10 fold i actually went 36 hours without charging it.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
When you use Nuepower does that solve the problem?
I tried Nuepower and it didn't seem to have any effect on this problem.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor

I did a hard reset and it doesn't show this msg anymore (at-least haven't seen anymore). Backup and try an hard reset.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: wind

nikosar is a n00b

Out of the blue I experience the same thing but the opposite. When I charge it from the ac charger the battery reaches 75% and then it stops charging and it popups that message. When i connect it to the usb of my laptop it charges lika a charm and the battery reaches 100%. How did that happen? Strange things with the TP2...
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

drakens is becoming a great contributor

I have found it to be 100% true that the quality of the USB cable has a lot to do with how much voltage you can draw off of it. I use NuePower as well with no problems, but some of my USB cables (E.g. the shipped HTC charger cable) can pull 900 MA no problem. I bought a cheap charger at an airport once out of emergency and could only pull 400. Check your cable!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2