PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

InsipidMonkey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Replacements?

I called Verizon today and they are sending me a replacement TP2 (see here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107754). While I wait for the new phone to get here (3 days) I had some questions on what to expect with the Verizon replacement service. Are the refurbs they send out acceptable?

The phone is in good shape and none of the water damage indicators are activated. Is there any chance they'll refuse the replacement due to the oily screen issue?

Also, is Verizon shipping TP2's with WM6.5 now, since they released the update?

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: Verizon Replacements?

I got my VZW TP2 replaced because it had a faulty microphone and people I would talk to in a call could no longer hear me. They sent me a refurb for it. This refurb had a fairly scratched up screen and the device itself had scratches on the top right corner. I got my replacement before they released update, therefore it came with 6.1.

Don't click me
Old 01-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsipidMonkey View Post
I called Verizon today and they are sending me a replacement TP2 (see here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107754). While I wait for the new phone to get here (3 days) I had some questions on what to expect with the Verizon replacement service. Are the refurbs they send out acceptable?

The phone is in good shape and none of the water damage indicators are activated. Is there any chance they'll refuse the replacement due to the oily screen issue?

Also, is Verizon shipping TP2's with WM6.5 now, since they released the update?

Thanks.
they will not refuse the replacement due to a bleeding screen which is what you have.on the tp i sent 3 in with that issue and never had a problem,as far as replacements if you get one like the one mentioned above dont even activate it till you call for another replacement, i got 1 like that before and called to get it replaced as soon as i saw the scratches,they told me to activate the one that was sent until another replacement arrived

you get a "like new replacement" not a like new but kinda scratched up replacement

Old 01-25-2010, 12:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

I just had my TP2 replaced as well. The first one they sent me was actually refurbished and the case was not put on straight, the screen had a horrible wobble, and the screen did not line up with the rest of the phone when closed. I could tell that it was refurbished because the VOID stickers were missing from the screw holes.

I called them immediately and they sent me another one. This one was not actually refurbished, but must have been a device that was sent back within 30 days. The screen lined up perfect, the tilt was TIGHT, and it still had all the warranty void stickers on the screws.

Needless to say I kept the 2nd one. Both came with certified like-new stickers over the screen. The first one has an inspection sticker dated 12/14/09 and the 2nd 12/28/09. Im thinking that they dont have many refurbs in stock, so you just may get a brand new one. The first one was a disaster though. It makes me think that they do not have a process to refurbish the tilt hinge, just to replace the case. Ohh, and both still had 6.1, I dont think 6.5 will be on refurbs or new devices for a month or two.

Last edited by isdnmatt; 01-25-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

VZ cant send out wm 6.5 with any replacement phone yet... its just a patch that's out. They haven't released any phone that comes preinstalled with 6.5 so more then likely its a 6.1. But u can get the upgrade here and with Energy ROM LEO... u cant go wrong upgrading it...

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 01-25-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknight8 View Post
They haven't released any phone that comes preinstalled with 6.5...
The Imagio has 6.5 preinstalled.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

wen was that shipped...
Old 01-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Verizon is normally very good with replacements. If it isn't satisfactory they will send you a different one.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

InsipidMonkey is a n00b

I hope I get a good one the first time. I have taken good care of my phone and would not be too happy if I received a scratched up replacement. It is already surprisingly difficult going back to my old flip phone for 3 days while waiting for the new one.
One more question: Do they send the phone only, or the full box with all accessories? Battery?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

phone only

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2