PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 03:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Plz help! looking for a very responsive, fast, and stable 6.5 rom

Can somebody plz tell me a 6.5 rom with sense 2.5 that is very resonsive stable and fast. I have been using NRGZ newest WWE rom and i do like it but it kind of lags when you scroll with touchflo and is kind of slow.

If anybody knows one than will they plz help me. Thank you very much
Old 01-31-2010, 07:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: Plz help! looking for a very responsive, fast, and stable 6.5 rom

You won't find a ROM that has Sense 2.5 that is as stable or as fast as a Sense 2.1 ROM. Sense 2.5 isn't made for our devices and is made for the HD2, that is why it lags on the phone. There are also the issues with HTC Messaging that will prevent it from ever being as stable as Sense 2.1. Have you tried Mighty's latest stable? It has the Sense 2.5 email and calendar tabs on it, so you still get some of the nice stuff from 2.5 with the stability of 2.1.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Russellhi is just getting started

Ive tried a bunch of 6.5 roms but none have been as stable as sprint 6.1 stock. The stock rom has been issue free, it does everything I want when I want.

I like the look of some of the 6.5 roms but every rom Ive tried has funny little issues or locked up just when I needed the phone. I think the 6.5 roms will get much better as new builds are released.

The only thing I ever ran on both my TP and Mogul were custom roms. I think in the future it will be the same with the TP2, but for right now Im going to use stock.. who knows, that could change next week.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

I've kinda given up on roms with Sense 2.5 cooked in. Even if they start out stable they end up being buggy and irritating. I ended up on the VZW stock 6.5 rom and have been very happy with it.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor

I gotta say, I was concerned about trying a 2.5 rom, but once I tried the Sprint Neodium rom, I'm shocked by how good it works, even mms works just fine. Its quick and speedy and its working out really well for me, i dont see myself switching anytime soon. Give it a shot sinceI see youre on Sprint as well.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

coppertop24 is becoming a great contributor

mightys official rom is extremely stable. ive tried most roms out there and keep coming back to his. the 2.5 roms are usually laggy or have some kind of issue because as was said earlier, its made for a more powerful phone. his is built from official 6.5 roms releases so the stability is there, just not all the eye candy like nrgs roms. but it gives you the options of customising it to your liking.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fastmike is keeping up the good workfastmike is keeping up the good work

I find a lot of the "responsiveness" is being driven by the HTC software, eg TouchFlo.

I was suprised to see how much more responsive MobileShell or built in Titanium is.

Try not using touch flo, you can always switch back and forth, theres an easy switching app around.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

As was mentioned the stock verizon 6.1 is the most stable rom out there imho. A lock up/freeze up is quite rare with it. I've tried probably at least 90% of the custom roms and all of them bring something to the table, all are nice in there own different ways, however, While they start out nice and seemingly stable as can be they seem to slow down/lag over the long haul which of course I remedy by trying a diff custom. Anything for an excuse to flash. But I've got the best of both now with an imagio for my 6.5 enjoyment and the TP2 stock 6.1 for my 6.1 customizing fun. Both very solid. 2.5 sense while nice eye candy is very laggy and lock up prone. Fun for a bit tho.
I do find myself going back and forth from tf3d to ms3. Ms3 is def less of a ram hog and quicker.
It's kinda nice to actually be able to load up my devices the way I like them and not have to always be reloading again due to a rom flash. Enjoy!
Just my $.02
Old 01-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP1085 View Post
I gotta say, I was concerned about trying a 2.5 rom, but once I tried the Sprint Neodium rom, I'm shocked by how good it works, even mms works just fine. Its quick and speedy and its working out really well for me, i dont see myself switching anytime soon. Give it a shot sinceI see youre on Sprint as well.
+1 here,
I went from Energy to neodium, nothing like the eye kandy of energy with maxamanilla, but neodium is stable and fast (for me anyway) and it's taken all the customisations I've thrown at it and not slowed down.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:47 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Stock was always the most stable for me. EVERY custom rom I tried was a headache. Stock T-Mobile 6.5 is what my tp2 is running...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2