PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

hpmaxim is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why the heck can't I tether?!

HTC Touch Pro 2 on Sprint, stock ROM. I installed GoodThings2Life's cleanup pack, and the registry fixes, otherwise, its pretty out of the box. I start Internet Sharing it asks me to select between USB or Bluetooth (defaults to USB). I keep it at USB and then click "Connect" on the lower left. The button grays out for a few seconds and then goes back to white. The "Status: Disconnected" remains constant.

I've tried variations on this by plugging and unplugging the USB cable at different times. At one point my Windows Mobile Device Center would ask me what type of connection I was making and I selected "Internet sharing" but it doesn't seem to ask me that any more.

I'm running Windows 7 on the PC.

Can anyone explain whats going on and suggest a fix?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Why the heck can't I tether?!

Have you made sure your data connection was on after you made the connection via usb? I'm running a custom ROM and it works beautifully, but on stock I remember there were a few glitches, I just don't recall the work arounds. Maybe search the forum for "tethering stock" or something to that effect will bring up other posts, because there are a bunch of them.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpmaxim View Post
HTC Touch Pro 2 on Sprint, stock ROM. I installed GoodThings2Life's cleanup pack, and the registry fixes, otherwise, its pretty out of the box. I start Internet Sharing it asks me to select between USB or Bluetooth (defaults to USB). I keep it at USB and then click "Connect" on the lower left. The button grays out for a few seconds and then goes back to white. The "Status: Disconnected" remains constant.

I've tried variations on this by plugging and unplugging the USB cable at different times. At one point my Windows Mobile Device Center would ask me what type of connection I was making and I selected "Internet sharing" but it doesn't seem to ask me that any more.

I'm running Windows 7 on the PC.

Can anyone explain whats going on and suggest a fix?

Well WMDC should really stay out of this equation just like Active Sync does on XP.

That said, looks for the Tweaks & Modification sticky & there's a cab that should tweak everything the right way including give you a box that will show SPRINT under ICS which the GTTL tweaks doesn't do.

I did the GTTL cleanup & actually worked the first night I tested ICS.
But the next night I got a code 67 error.

Installed the tweak cab from MM & it works perfectly.
Also, since you're new, try searching before asking. There are like 320 threads on this topic every day.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

hpmaxim is a n00b

Q_Q, Well, I was all ready to complain that that was a load of of it. But I installed the tweak and sure nough, it worked beautifully. I had the thing plugged into my computer, and connected and disconnected the Ethernet cable, and my ping time instantly changed from 20 ms to 100 ms and back. Hopefully, it will keep working.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpmaxim View Post
Q_Q, Well, I was all ready to complain that that was a load of of it. But I installed the tweak and sure nough, it worked beautifully. I had the thing plugged into my computer, and connected and disconnected the Ethernet cable, and my ping time instantly changed from 20 ms to 100 ms and back. Hopefully, it will keep working.
Good news!
I alway say ppcgeeks has got a cab for that (free).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2