PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

ive searched high & low to figure out how to add my particular city in the tf3d weather tab with no luck ... does anyone out there happen to have a cab or know of a link that can help direct me. ive found a few links in that search even relating to animated weather tab but no action shots, how to's or links to help. i have sprint tp2 & stock rom. thanks in advance
Old 01-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: weather

here ya go install and all cities will be available.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Conflipper_North_America_Weather_V5.cab (1.48 MB, 67 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thanks for the cab .. this morning since i have a few extra minutes & there was still no responses at the time to my thread i jumped on my reg pc at home & tried another search & found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546141 ..... how is 1 supposed to know which 1 is better ? more accurate or just over all less buggy & annoying ? sometimes trial & error is a b!t@# & im sooooooo not in the mood to once again hard reset ....... the weather i used on my tp1 (Weather Database for TF3D)had it sayin it was sunny out at night if i remember correctly lol & wasnt always accurate .. anyways thanks alot for the cab
Old 01-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The cab I posted is not a city editor to add cities. The cab adds all cities.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

ok .. thanks again. i just installed it & found my town & the many i frequent.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SecretAgentMan is keeping up the good workSecretAgentMan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
thanks for the cab .. this morning since i have a few extra minutes & there was still no responses at the time to my thread i jumped on my reg pc at home & tried another search & found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546141 ..... how is 1 supposed to know which 1 is better ? more accurate or just over all less buggy & annoying ? sometimes trial & error is a b!t@# & im sooooooo not in the mood to once again hard reset ....... the weather i used on my tp1 (Weather Database for TF3D)had it sayin it was sunny out at night if i remember correctly lol & wasnt always accurate .. anyways thanks alot for the cab
I tried the JVH3 on my VZ 6.5 (MR1). The application crashed. I have also tried Adreas Falk's editor, which also didn't work. I've yet to find an editor that works under 6.5.

I've even tried editing the sqLite db on my PC. I can see the data, but for some reason can't add a row to the db!

@Drewcam888 - I've been a little hesitant to use Conflipper's db, because it's pretty hefty. I guess I'd prefer just to add a few cities to what I have.

I also noticed that Conflipper uses another data source??? I saw something in his post about that he had changed the source url. Are there any accuracy issues with the source he is using? I know by default, VZ uses Accuweather. Not sure what he is using.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Mr. Chevy

No problems with conflippers cab on 6.5 and it is accurate are far as i can tell
Old 01-25-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 now imagio until the next one
Carrier: verizon

moc426 is becoming a great contributor

Very slow when typing to add a city, is it doing a search on each letter typed? would of been better if you can type then hit search, but once the results are returned, it seems to work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
No problems with conflippers cab on 6.5 and it is accurate are far as i can tell
Old 01-25-2010, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2

three west is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to three west
Lightbulb Re: weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan View Post
I tried the JVH3 on my VZ 6.5 (MR1). The application crashed. I have also tried Adreas Falk's editor, which also didn't work. I've yet to find an editor that works under 6.5.

I've even tried editing the sqLite db on my PC. I can see the data, but for some reason can't add a row to the db!

@Drewcam888 - I've been a little hesitant to use Conflipper's db, because it's pretty hefty. I guess I'd prefer just to add a few cities to what I have.

I also noticed that Conflipper uses another data source??? I saw something in his post about that he had changed the source url. Are there any accuracy issues with the source he is using? I know by default, VZ uses Accuweather. Not sure what he is using.
I was in the exact same boat as you, just wanted to add my own. I used Andreas' with 6.1 and liked it alot, but it didn't work in 6.5.
I then found the JVH3 solution on xda. His program also doesn't currently worth with 6.5, but he found a work around. Apparently 6.5 is missing the 'countries' table, so on page 37 of his thread he posts a replacement manila file that you copy to your device, and then you can use his application.

Remember that you must turn OFF sense before you run his app.

I did it tonight and it worked like a charm.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2

three west is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to three west

FEH, this worked great for a couple days, now I'm getting a connection error, but ONLY on the cities added with the JVH3 app

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2