PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why does manila take 10 minutes to play music?

Why does manila take 10 minutes to play mp3? I have tried stock, I tried mighty, I tried other roms and same pitiful thing happens. I got about 2 gigs of songs on my class 6 sd card, so why does it take so long to play the first mp3? Is there a fix for it? Whats sad, I got a cheap 20 dollar ATT backup phone than can play it instantly from the same sdcard. The 6.5 roms have the same problem. Things like this really p1$$ me off on this phone, especially from something so common.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Why does manila take 10 minutes to play music?

I only have about 20 songs on my SD card and it starts up right away. Maybe there's some corrupted music files on you card.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

no, I actually formatted the card recently to make sure it wasn't any corruption. It does it when you put in a few hundred songs. I mean what were they thinking, why get a 8gb card and not fill it up with some music.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Manila 2.5 definitely a while to load mp3's from the music tab, but it will load almost instantly from WMP.

~John
Old 01-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Manila 2.5 definitely a while to load mp3's from the music tab, but it will load almost instantly from WMP.

~John
WMP looks like crap, i never use it. I like the way manila works plus its right up front.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i have a 16 gb class 2 with about 3 gb of music,movies,pics on it and it plays right away.maybe your tp2 is just acting up cause you try to bash it so much?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
i have a 16 gb class 2 with about 3 gb of music,movies,pics on it and it plays right away.maybe your tp2 is just acting up cause you try to bash it so much?
I had 2 Tp2, it does the same and also on my previous tp1. Anyways, you sound like a fanboy. If I was going to bash it, I would say the iphone plays it instantly, but i'm not.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

You should get rid of your phone you complain about it a lot.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I had 2 Tp2, it does the same and also on my previous tp1. Anyways, you sound like a fanboy. If I was going to bash it, I would say the iphone plays it instantly, but i'm not.
take a joke much?im no fanboy i am on ppc on the regular and constantly see you bashing it and comparing it to iphone(which you just did)anyway i was just joking dont take it to serious but i dont have that problem.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

You guys are freaking losers, I ask a question and you guys talk stuff because I once said the iphone is better. Wow, did I hurt your feelings? Go suck on Bill Gates left one for all I care. This site used to be cool on the tp1 forums, but now in the TP2 forums we have little girls crying because their feelings got hurt.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2