PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Automatically converting and transferring video files to TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108503)

AVakil 01-28-2010 11:44 PM

Automatically converting and transferring video files to TP2

I am hoping someone can help me with what what I'm looking to do:

1) Download torrent file of a video.
2) Automatically convert file to a resolution and file size appropriate for the TP2
3) Transfer the file to the TP2.

Does anyone know of any good programs that do this?

dtjohnst 01-29-2010 12:02 AM

Re: Automatically converting and transferring video files to TP2

I just use Windows Media Player 12. I select "Sync" from the top left corner when the device is connected, drag-and-drop the files I want transferred into the playlist, and it automatically converts and syncs them over.

I used to have a much more complex system that involved scripts and fancy programs that converted the codec and size etc, but I actually find the Windows Media Player works awesome for this case.

w7excursion 01-29-2010 12:17 AM

I use Super C converter and its free.

austin420 01-29-2010 12:25 AM

if your using vuze it has the ability to convert most downloads into the proper codec for your device.
direct from their site:

Smart. Behind the scenes.

Mkv, divx, wmv, avi, H.264, MPEG-4... Are these Greek to you? You're not alone - They're Greek to most devices and applications when you attempt to playback a video outside a device's comfort zone.
Vuze's goal is to get smart about video formats, so you don't have to be. Drag-and-drop a video from your Vuze Library (or anywhere on your computer) to the device of your choice, and Vuze will be your translator. Vuze will detect whether or not the video format will playback on the device you select, and convert the file for playback if necessary.

Supported Devices:

http://www.vuze.com/img/devices/tab1_p4.jpg

AVakil 01-29-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtjohnst (Post 1524900)
I just use Windows Media Player 12. I select "Sync" from the top left corner when the device is connected, drag-and-drop the files I want transferred into the playlist, and it automatically converts and syncs them over.

I used to have a much more complex system that involved scripts and fancy programs that converted the codec and size etc, but I actually find the Windows Media Player works awesome for this case.

wow... who knew!

thanks for the help! i was afraid i'd have to set up scripts and all that to achieve what i needed to.

swak 01-29-2010 11:16 AM

I am also interested in doing this, what format do the video files need to be?

mavblues 01-29-2010 12:37 PM

Best and quickest I've seen is HTC Encoder (free) posted by Santod here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...convert+movies

Videos play in full screen.
:headbang:

dtjohnst 01-30-2010 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVakil (Post 1525411)
wow... who knew!

thanks for the help! i was afraid i'd have to set up scripts and all that to achieve what i needed to.

Yeah, I tried it on a whim and was amazed that my DivX files were all converted automatically. To be fair, I haven't checked if it compresses or downsizes them. Part of me hope it doesn't downsize them too far. I'm waiting for TV Out cables and I'd like it to look good via that too. All I know is I was about to go and modify all my scripts on my linux download box to work for my TP2 instead of my Treo Pro when I tried WMP and it just worked.

I'm not overly picky, so as long as it looks good via TV out too, I'll be happy and probably just stick with WMP.

Ikonic 01-30-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVakil (Post 1524847)
I am hoping someone can help me with what what I'm looking to do:

1) Download torrent file of a video.
2) Automatically convert file to a resolution and file size appropriate for the TP2
3) Transfer the file to the TP2.

Does anyone know of any good programs that do this?

i Downloaded coreplayer and it would play any media file in terms of the torrent files i downloaded. but i only download mp4's or wav files. always a single session nvr multisessions

jigwashere 01-30-2010 02:50 PM

I haven't tried WMP to sync. If it works, I'm all for it!

I've been using Handbrake to convert most of my videos. I picked the preset for iPhone, then increased the resolution width to 640.

My PC is Windows XP MCE. I record TV shows over the air and use MCEBuddy to automatically convert them, also using the iPhone preset. The advantage to MCEBuddy in this case is that it also removes the commercials. I happen to have an addon from Dragon Global (ShowAnalyzer) to remove the commercials, but MCEBuddy has that feature built in, too.