PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC pro 2
Carrier: sprint

T_Epperson0110 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to T_Epperson0110 Send a message via Yahoo to T_Epperson0110
Angry Big problem..!!!! Need help asap

OK I FLASHED A ROM I FORGOT WHICH ONE IT WAS. BUT NOW WHEN EVER I GO TO A DIFFERENT ROM MY BOOT SCREEN ALWAYS DOES THE HTC WUIETLY BRILLIANT SCREEN. dOES ANYONE KNO HOW TO GET RID OF IT IM ABOUT TO GET AN EXCHANGE AND I NEED TO GET RID OF IT ASAP.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor
Re: Big problem..!!!! Need help asap

First of all, turn off your Caps Lock. Looks like you are shouting.

So if I understand you correctly, you did a HardSPL ROM unlock on your phone and loaded up one of the custom ROMs. You now need to return the phone?

If so, you will need to flash back to the Stock ROM and relock your phone.

You did not mention which carrier you use, but here are links to Verizon, and Sprint stock ROMs. I could not find ones for AT&T or T-Mobile, but perhaps someone else can chime in.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ck+Verizon+ROM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ock+Sprint+ROM

Once you have loaded back the stock ROM you need run the relock application found at the bottom of this page:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

Good luck!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:32 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

you have to flash back to stock to fix that. some roms do that. i had that problem with the elite team rom right after the hspl dropped. it was a poorly made blue flame graphic that i just couldnt stand. that being said i think this small problem was hardly enough reason to use that many exclamation marks in the title or to type in all caps.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC pro 2
Threadstarter

T_Epperson0110 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to T_Epperson0110 Send a message via Yahoo to T_Epperson0110

Lol sorry about that i was just really worried that it wouldnt fix, Ive flashed about millions of times and it wouldnt go away i was kinda worried
Old 01-29-2010, 01:38 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscawley View Post
First of all, turn off your Caps Lock. Looks like you are shouting.

So if I understand you correctly, you did a HardSPL ROM unlock on your phone and loaded up one of the custom ROMs. You now need to return the phone?

If so, you will need to flash back to the Stock ROM and relock your phone.

Good luck!
you do not need to relock your phone. just flash back to stock and that should fix the problem. relocking will just make you have to pay for the unlocker again. also to kscawley, it says his carrier is sprint right under the name in his post.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
you do not need to relock your phone. just flash back to stock and that should fix the problem. relocking will just make you have to pay for the unlocker again. also to kscawley, it says his carrier is sprint right under the name in his post.
Thank you for pointing out where the carrier is located. Something I overlooked. The reason I talked about relocking is it sounded like he was going to take the phone back to Sprint for an exchange. Though frequently debated, I am of the opinion taking it back to fully stock condition (including relocking) could avoid any potential issues with the exchange. But I also understand the issue of paying for the unlocker to work again. Whatever someone is more comfortable with I guess.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
bootscreen