PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500
Threadstarter

Iamdabobo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Iamdabobo
Re: brick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

sorry man, didnt mean anything by it. id still try and take it into a sprint store and see what they say, you may get lucky, worth giving a shot. it should still be under manufaturer's warranty also.
Well from the stories that I've heard, HTC takes forEVER to repair anything.

I'll take my mom with me (i'm a college student, the account was originally registered in her name as I was under 18 back when i got SERO); she has to use a cane and such and always gets sympathy points with repair people. I'll let you guys know how it goes...appointment is in 13 hours.

Something tells me I won't be sleeping tonight...hell I cried more over this phone in a few hours than I have over any girl in my whole life. (does that mean I have problems?)
Old 01-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamdabobo View Post
Something tells me I won't be sleeping tonight...hell I cried more over this phone in a few hours than I have over any girl in my whole life. (does that mean I have problems?)
Yes. why cry
Old 01-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Why does sprint charge you for it? if the phone is less the a year and its sprint branded it should be under warranty. when telus customers here give or sell hand sets telus still honors the warranty and also provides free tech support to you in person or on the phone if your a customer. I would assume sprint does the same, no?

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Iamdabobo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
Why does sprint charge you for it? if the phone is less the a year and its sprint branded it should be under warranty. when telus customers here give or sell hand sets telus still honors the warranty and also provides free tech support to you in person or on the phone if your a customer. I would assume sprint does the same, no?
Sprint warranty is 1. not transferrable 2. only if you buy it from a sprint store 3. 30 days I think. There is a 1 year HTC warranty, but I did NOT want to go that route unless I had to, as reports from people who have show that HTC takes forever to fix phones and send them back.

However, I do have good news. So I go into the sprint store, tell them the story and whatnot, obviously omitting the hard-spl unlocking part. The guy is cranky but nice enough; he takes it in the back, comes back in 5 minutes and says 'you're in luck; the system has not updated yet and the previous owner is still listed, so the warranty is still valid. come back in an hour.' I come back in an hour, pick up a brand new TP2 for free, and I'm on my way.

**** yea.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I believe you can also add TEP for any phone (I assume that's working....) or at least you used to be able to. I asked sprint about this a while ago when I was looking at buying a used phone and they said that you can add full TEP on any phone, but I assume you've gotta be able to show it's working on their system when you purchase it.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Iamdabobo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
I believe you can also add TEP for any phone (I assume that's working....) or at least you used to be able to. I asked sprint about this a while ago when I was looking at buying a used phone and they said that you can add full TEP on any phone, but I assume you've gotta be able to show it's working on their system when you purchase it.
You can, within 1 month of activation, IIRC. However, with TEP, normal repairs are free, water damage, lost phone, etc. are $100. Plus $7/month. Without TEP, repairs are $120. So as long as I don't lose my phone, it generally ends up being cheaper in the end to not go with TEP. However, I think I just proved to myself that I'm stupid enough that I need TEP...
Old 01-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Glad you got it fixed and the Tech Rep helped you out!!! I would suggest going with that TEP, you can drop your phone, it can be stolen or when you go to the restroom it could drop in the toilet (eewwww) always good to be SAFE rather than be SORRY.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Does this mean the previous owner is about to get popped for $100 on his bill for the phone switch???? DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
The guy is cranky but nice enough; he takes it in the back, comes back in 5 minutes and says 'you're in luck; the system has not updated yet and the previous owner is still listed, so the warranty is still valid. come back in an hour.' I come back in an hour, pick up a brand new TP2 for free, and I'm on my way.

**** yea.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Iamdabobo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Does this mean the previous owner is about to get popped for $100 on his bill for the phone switch???? DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Couldn't be, it was NIB, never activated. I'm not sure what the rep was talking about, but I didn't really care, I pretty much just wanted out of there with my working phone. =]

So that I don't do this again, would somebody mind pointing me to the correct hard-spl unlocker for my sprint touch pro 2?
Old 01-30-2010, 06:11 AM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Couldn't be, it was NIB, never activated. I'm not sure what the rep was talking about, but I didn't really care, I pretty much just wanted out of there with my working phone. =]

So that I don't do this again, would somebody mind pointing me to the correct hard-spl unlocker for my sprint touch pro 2?
This post should have what you need:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

Make sure you read everything and let it sink in for a few days before you do anything.

Last edited by Ruh; 01-30-2010 at 06:11 AM. Reason: fixed typo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2