PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   The Best Manlia 2.1 ROMS (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108474)

jamice4u 01-28-2010 09:05 PM

The Best Manlia 2.1 ROMS

The purpose of this thread is to help people save lots of time finding
the best rom. Please copy the survey below for all 4 roms and give your
opinion and all of the roms you have tried and tell us what rom you are
currently using and why it is currently your favorite.

MalRom
1. GPS Reliabity _____
2. System Speed _____
3. MMS Reliabity and Functions _____
4. Multi-Tasking _____
5. Multi-Media Speed and Features _____
6. ROM Features _____
7. Programs Compatibity _____
8. System Reliabity _____
9. Manila Appearance _____
10. Battery Life _____
Total Score _____

Mightyrom
1. GPS Reliabity _____
2. System Speed _____
4. Multi-Tasking _____
6. ROM Features _____
10. Battery Life _____
Total Score _____

Cfay ROM
1. GPS Reliabity _____
2. System Speed _____
4. Multi-Tasking _____
6. ROM Features _____
10. Battery Life _____
Total Score _____

Energyrom
1. GPS Reliabity _____
2. System Speed _____
4. Multi-Tasking _____
6. ROM Features _____
10. Battery Life _____
Total Score _____

MR. X ROM
1. GPS Reliabity _____
2. System Speed _____
4. Multi-Tasking _____
6. ROM Features _____
10. Battery Life _____
Total Score _____

jamice4u 01-28-2010 09:29 PM

Re: The Best Manlia 2.1 ROMS

The purpose of this thread is to help people save lots of time finding the best rom. Please copy the survey below and paste it as a reply and fill it out for all 4 roms. Please give your opinion for all of the roms you have tried and tell us what rom you are currently using and why it is currently your favorite.

MalRom
1. GPS Reliabity _____ 10
2. System Speed _____ 10
3. MMS Reliabity and Functions _____ 10
4.Multi-Tasking _____ 7
5. Multi-Media Speed and Features _____ 10
6. ROM Features _____ 10
7. Programs Compatibity _____ 10
8. System Reliabity _____ 7
9. Manila Appearance _____ 5
10. Battery Life _____ 7
Total Score _____ 86

Mightyrom
2. System Speed _____ 10
4.Multi-Tasking _____ 10
5. Multi-Media Speed and Features _____ 10
6. ROM Features _____ 10
8. System Reliabity _____ 10
9. Manila Appearance _____ 10
10. Battery Life _____ 10
Total Score _____ 100

C-Fay Rom
1. GPS Reliabity _____
2. System Speed _____
4. Camera Features _____
6. ROM Features _____
10. Battery Life _____
Total Score _____

Energyrom
2. System Speed _____ 7
4.Multi-Tasking _____ 8
5. Multi-Media Speed and Features _____ 9
6. ROM Features _____ 7
7. Programs Compatibity _____ 7
8. System Reliabity _____ 8
Total Score _____ 86

MR. X ROM
1. GPS Reliabity _____ 8
2. System Speed _____ 9
4.Multi-Tasking _____ 9
5. Multi-Media Speed and Features _____ 8
6. ROM Features _____ 8
8. System Reliabity _____ 9
9. Manila Appearance _____ 9
10. Battery Life _____ 8
Total Score _____ 88

My favorite rom is Mighty ROM 02.01.2010 because gps, mms, and speed are all important to me. I believe he is using system build 21890.5.0.88 which works perfect with the touch pro2. At first I did not like the gps on this ROM but team mighty mike corrected the lap problem with his most recent upgrades. Also for you TOMTOM 7 users one of the hackers came out with strraTOMTOM 7.916.9192 which fixed the programing and bluetooth problems for TOMTOM and now the gps works perfectly. It has XDA_UC which automatically installs all of the programs in the folder. I highly recommend using this rom for your touch pro 2. I can't find any fault with this ROM. The numbers speak for themselves.

MightyMike 01-28-2010 09:49 PM

threads do not get closed because of the offending "creation" in the topic.

They get closed by the users who start posting in them with their off topic, pointless banter.

Follow suit as the OP has quoted above, Copy/paste what he has done and put in your scores and hit the vote button.

If your FAVOURITE rom is not listed, move along.

Mr. X 01-28-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyMike (Post 1524500)

If your FAVOURITE rom is not listed, move along.

Or, Ask for it to bee added.

PS: Juicy Rom is 2.5

siraloz 01-28-2010 09:58 PM

As long as this thread is being cleaned, I'd say clean up the list of ROMs in the poll to include only Manila 2.1.

itsachirpthing 01-28-2010 09:59 PM

Mightyrom
1. GPS Reliabity _____7
2. System Speed _____ 10
4. Camera Features _____ 10
6. ROM Features _____ 7
8. Wireless Features _____ 10
9. Manila Appearance _____ 8
Total Score _____ 91

Energyrom
1. GPS Reliabity _____ 9
2. System Speed _____ 7
6. ROM Features _____ 10
10. Battery Life _____ 8
Total Score _____ 93

Just my .01, I love both of 'em. Tough decision! Thanks guys!!

kash23 01-28-2010 10:05 PM

Seriously Mighty? My post was deleted? Sorry if i offended you but i am "Entitled To My Opinion". That being said..your doing a great job moderating!:thumbleft:

MightyMike 01-28-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kash23 (Post 1524541)
Seriously Mighty? My post was deleted? Sorry if i offended you but i am "Entitled To My Opinion". That being said..your doing a great job moderating!:thumbleft:

no no... urs and everyone elses to give the thread a re-start... nothing towards me :) I don't mind, I take criticism in my thread every day lol I can handle it bro!

:thumbleft:

kash23 01-28-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyMike (Post 1524570)
no no... urs and everyone elses to give the thread a re-start... nothing towards me :) I don't mind, I take criticism in my thread every day lol I can handle it bro!

:thumbleft:

Aite cool bro...no love lost here...

flyers2114 01-28-2010 10:36 PM

Another one these threads...lol....at least do it right OP....you are missing a few 2.1 roms....and the names that are missing contribute quite a bit to this forum.....slap in the face IMHO....not to mention features are based on personal preference....GPS is based on a lot of things....camera what is that all about??.....either the regedit is in or it is not....didnt know there was much more to it than that...its a simple add.......................well I could go on and on about other things....those were just examples......but to easily sum it up......all these cooks do this as a hobby.....they all do a great job....pick a rom that is based on ur prefernce that works for you....you do not need a rating for that....my 3 cents....

jamice4u 01-28-2010 10:37 PM

The beautiful fact that we are all different individuals who all have different needs and perferences. What my be a great rom for me could be a sucky rom for somebody else. This is why I wanted people to post their scores. The ROM cookers can improve their ROMS and also so people who are looking to flash roms can find the best ROM for their own personal needs.

kash23 01-28-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers2114 (Post 1524612)
Another one these threads...lol....at least do it right OP....you are missing a few 2.1 roms....and the names that are missing contribute quite a bit to this forum.....slap in the face IMHO....not to mention features are based on personal preference....GPS is based on a lot of things....camera what is that all about??.....either the regedit is in or it is not....didnt know there was much more to it than that...its a simple add.......................well I could go on and on about other things....those were just examples......but to easily sum it up......all these cooks do this as a hobby.....they all do a great job....pick a rom that is based on ur prefernce that works for you....you do not need a rating for that....my 3 cents....

Thats True

kash23 01-28-2010 10:40 PM

I know i'm gonna slap myself for saying this...and i don't do this often but : This thread is pretty pointless. My opinion, sorry if i offended anyone.

jamice4u 01-28-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Please tells me some more manila 2.1 roms to add to the poll and it will be added. I can add up to ten though. I won't give an opinion on those though best I have not tried them. If anybody wants to me to add another 2.1 rom please let me know and it will be added. I will not add any 2.5 roms because the 2.1 rom are deemed more reliable and most people who don't have time need to flash a rom and get back to living their lives.

jamice4u 01-28-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kash23 (Post 1524621)
I know i'm gonna slap myself for saying this...and i don't do this often but : This thread is pretty pointless. My opinion, sorry if i offended anyone.

If you are only focused on yourself then this thread is pointless. But if you want to help other people make an informative decision on what ROM they should try next then it is not pointless. I can add another 6 roms to this post if you feel your favorite rom was not mentioned please let me know and I will add it. The survey is on the first page so please fill it out so other people can learn from your past experiences.

Laos101 01-28-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsachirpthing (Post 1524530)
Mightyrom
1. GPS Reliabity _____7
2. System Speed _____ 10
6. ROM Features _____ 7
9. Manila Appearance _____ 8
Total Score _____ 91

Energyrom
1. GPS Reliabity _____ 9
2. System Speed _____ 7
6. ROM Features _____ 10
10. Battery Life _____ 8
Total Score _____ 93

Just my .01, I love both of 'em. Tough decision! Thanks guys!!

Only problem is that GPS and Wireless are often Radio based, not ROM based.

Also, ROM Features.. You mean random stuff chefs put in to satisfy? A ROM cannot be pre-customized. Theres a reason why not all cars come with decals all over them. It's your toy, you have to customize it yourself. a developer who releases a ROM that he fills with features not necessary but he feels are "cool" or "good" will ruin the idea of being your toy, and being his instead. you cant judge a ROM by how many goodies they stuff inside, otherwise its all show and no real juice.

redd214 01-28-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laos101 (Post 1524670)
Only problem is that GPS and Wireless are often Radio based, not ROM based.

Also, ROM Features.. You mean random stuff chefs put in to satisfy? A ROM cannot be pre-customized. Theres a reason why not all cars come with decals all over them. It's your toy, you have to customize it yourself. a developer who releases a ROM that he fills with features not necessary but he feels are "cool" or "good" will ruin the idea of being your toy, and being his instead. you cant judge a ROM by how many goodies they stuff inside, otherwise its all show and no real juice.

well said!=D>

Mr. X 01-28-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Im going to go out on a limb here and and say maybe one of the users you say "the names that are missing contribute quite a bit to this forum" might have me in mind. Not to have an ego trip here but if you are i humbly thank you for the notation.

With that said why not add my ROM and give good ol' Mr. X a shot at fame :)

Don't know if what i do is noted by the masses but i try to do what i can for every one :)

lioncat55 01-28-2010 11:23 PM

Mightyrom
1. GPS Reliabity _____8
2. System Speed _____9
3. MMS Reliabity and Functions _____10
4. Camera Features _____10
5. Multi-Media Speed and Features _____10
6. ROM Features _____9
7. Programs Compatibity _____10
8. Wireless Features _____10
9. Manila Appearance _____8
10. Battery Life _____10
Total Score _____97

i4get75 01-28-2010 11:34 PM

MalRom -- Never used this one

Mightyrom
1. GPS Reliabity 10
2. System Speed 8
MMS Reliabity and Functions 10
4. Camera Features 9
5. Multi-Media Speed and Features 10
6. ROM Features 8
7. Programs Compatibity 10
8. Wireless Features 9
9. Manila Appearance 9
10. Battery Life 9
Total Score 92

Juicyrom
1. GPS Reliabity 10
2. System Speed 9
3. MMS Reliabity and Functions 4
4. Camera Features 9
5. Multi-Media Speed and Features 7
6. ROM Features 9
7. Programs Compatibity 8
8. Wireless Features 9
9. Manila Appearance 10
10. Battery Life 8
Total Score 83

Energyrom
1. GPS Reliabity 10
2. System Speed 8
3. MMS Reliabity and Functions 4
4. Camera Features 9
5. Multi-Media Speed and Features 8
6. ROM Features 10
7. Programs Compatibity 9
8. Wireless Features 8
9. Manila Appearance 10
10. Battery Life 8
Total Score 84

jamice4u 01-29-2010 12:10 AM

Could somebody please tell me how to add more ROM to the survey. I want to add Mr. X. If you have a ROM that is not on the list that you want to mention you can complete the survey and give your scores for that ROM. This is for informational purposes to save people time to choose which ROM is best for them. All of these rom are good but each one of use is different and perfer a ROM which is best suited for us. I want to thank all of you for completing the survey you are serving the ppc geek community.

dawinkley 01-29-2010 12:15 AM

Mr X: I have to agree and give you props... you're a cantankerous bastard at times, but you really know your stuff and help us noobs tremendously.

Mr. X 01-29-2010 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawinkley (Post 1524942)
Mr X: I have to agree and give you props... you're a cantankerous bastard at times, but you really know your stuff and help us noobs tremendously.

lol thanks. cantankerous probably, a bastard for sure. But take my personality with a grain of salt i'm really not a bad guy ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamice4u (Post 1524930)
Could somebody please tell me how to add more ROM to the survey. I want to add Mr. X. If you have a ROM that is not on the list that you want to mention you can complete the survey and give your scores for that ROM. This is for informational purposes to save people time to choose which ROM is best for them. All of these rom are good but each one of use is different and perfer a ROM which is best suited for us. I want to thank all of you for completing the survey you are serving the ppc geek community.

Ive edited your Poll for you.

Rating my own rom would be bias and unfair though :)

flyers2114 01-29-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. X (Post 1524709)
Im going to go out on a limb here and and say maybe one of the users you say "the names that are missing contribute quite a bit to this forum" might have me in mind. Not to have an ego trip here but if you are i humbly thank you for the notation.

With that said why not add my ROM and give good ol' Mr. X a shot at fame :)

Don't know if what i do is noted by the masses but i try to do what i can for every one :)

You are right on the money....

wolfordtw 01-29-2010 07:00 AM

The thread says that we should survey the roms and tell all the noobs who has the best roms. You guys should download a chat program to have conversations....anyhow on the subject, a survey takes way too dam long so in a nutshell for all noobs/people who haven't tested custom roms, go with mightyrom. Mightyrom is far more stable and far less buggy then all other's. Although if you wish you can test them all yourself and find out the same.

Maan76 01-29-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kash23 (Post 1524621)

I agree .......... Mr.X ROM is rated slower than Mighty ? he needs to look carefully into his results! I flashed most these ROMS and I totaly disagree with the results above !

Mr. X 01-29-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maan76 (Post 1525542)
I agree .......... Mr.X ROM is rated slower than Mighty ? he needs to look carefully into his results! I flashed most these ROMS and I totaly disagree with the results above !

remember 99% of this scoring is based on personal opinion and experience :)

itbmd 01-29-2010 11:00 AM

As previously mentioned, Juicy is 2.5. Can you please replace or add CFay to the list? TIA.

Mr. X 01-29-2010 11:02 AM

Contact me if you would like to have the poll changed @ OP

Sim-X 01-29-2010 01:01 PM

Mighty Should be stock sprint rom

kash23 01-29-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sim-X (Post 1525819)

lol..wow=D>

Curtis8 01-29-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Could not do that. Would not be able to keep up with demand... :p
Telus has yet to release a update to WinMo 6.5 and only yesterday did they send out the 2016 SMS fix... MightyROM had a 'fix' since the 1/4/10 release.

jamice4u 01-30-2010 04:04 AM

I made changes in my scoring system I took the advice of some of you guys and got rid of wireless and camera and replace them with multi-tasking and system reliablity. Now MightyRom is my favorite ROM.

jamice4u 02-01-2010 04:13 AM

Quote:

Hell Yeah!!!! But wait, what would all the whinners and complainers do with their spare time??? Wow I can't believe it everything I thought was lacks in mightyrom 01.20.2010 was fix in the mightyrom 02.01.2010 update. I highly recommend updating to this verison you won't be disappointed.

jamice4u 06-01-2010 08:26 PM

I guest the manila 2.1 rom are dead. I preferred the 2.5 roms now they are so much better.