PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

mookiemoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation might rom versus stock rom????

can anyone that may have experience with the mighty rom and stock rom (sprint) tell me the difference? what does mighty rom offer that the stock rom does not have? is it worth it to flash the mighty rom on to my TP2?
Old 05-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: might rom versus stock rom????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemoo View Post
can anyone that may have experience with the mighty rom and stock rom (sprint) tell me the difference? what does mighty rom offer that the stock rom does not have? is it worth it to flash the mighty rom on to my TP2?
Read the below thread the ENTIRE first page that will tell you the difference.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579

Old 05-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

I don't know about the Sprint stock ROM, but the Verizon stock ROM is nothing compared to MightyROM. I've been using Mightys ROMs since the TP1 days, and have never been sorry, or had any issues that I didn't inflict on myself.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

dougw03 is a n00b

Mighty is based off of the Sprint 6.5 release. I made the switch and haven't looked back. There are a few annoyances with the Sprint ROM (double cursor in HTC messaging, random reboots, etc) that I couldn't stand. MR is much more stable for me and overall a better ROM.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mookiemoo is a n00b

ok, he has a Mightyrom rhodiumW and a Mightyrom special edition. would you recommend one over the other?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:28 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
ok, he has a Mightyrom rhodiumW and a Mightyrom special edition. would you recommend one over the other?
The Special Edition is basically the same ROM with a little more eye candy (taskbar, start menu, etc).

Mighty also has Full Force which is a 6.5.X ROM. That's what I'm running now, and I don't think I could go back to just 6.5

Happy Flashing!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mookiemoo is a n00b

well i was on his website looking at fullforce and there were a great many people who wrote reviews about negative experiences they were having with fullforce. glitches and in one case, it bricked the phone. have you had any issues with this rom?
Old 06-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
well i was on his website looking at fullforce and there were a great many people who wrote reviews about negative experiences they were having with fullforce. glitches and in one case, it bricked the phone. have you had any issues with this rom?
I have been running Full Force sense he released a Beta of it, its got a few little quirks to it mostly a few graphic issues that's not his fault, its a shortcoming of 6.5.x, with that said though I can't bring myself to flash anything else. It runs as solid as a rock for me and very very little issues that I have come across with it. There are a Ton of people that are running Full Force with very little issues at all. as for someone Bricking there phone running it, Pictures or it did not happen. the chances of a ROM bricking your phone are about 1 in a trillion, more than likely it was user error with something they did not the ROM it self. Mike puts out solid work and he does not release them till they are super stable and a solid build.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I have been running Full Force sense he released a Beta of it, its got a few little quirks to it mostly a few graphic issues that's not his fault, its a shortcoming of 6.5.x, with that said though I can't bring myself to flash anything else. It runs as solid as a rock for me and very very little issues that I have come across with it. There are a Ton of people that are running Full Force with very little issues at all. as for someone Bricking there phone running it, Pictures or it did not happen. the chances of a ROM bricking your phone are about 1 in a trillion, more than likely it was user error with something they did not the ROM it self. Mike puts out solid work and he does not release them till they are super stable and a solid build.
+1 It's radios and SPL that's brcks phones. not ROMs. I've been running Full Force since it released, and MightyROM Impact before that (also 6.5.X). The only issues I've had are self-inflicted, and are due to something I install/tweak after flashing.

Mighty rocks!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
+1 It's radios and SPL that's brcks phones. not ROMs. I've been running Full Force since it released, and MightyROM Impact before that (also 6.5.X). The only issues I've had are self-inflicted, and are due to something I install/tweak after flashing.

Mighty rocks!!!
Just adding my two cents to what these two wise gentlemen have said.
i have been running Mighty since my TP1 days. When I finally got my TP2, there was no other choice for me. I also agree that most things that happen are user error, and that when I followed direction I have had ZERO problems with mightys Roms. I am also running Full Force and love it. It does take some getting used to becuz the buttons are different. But like the Wesely said the glitches the 6.5x has are nothing to do with the Roms, its the OS itself. MS gaveup on 6.5x so its essentially an incomplete rom. But Mike has made it SUPER stable. It is definately my everyday ROM. and is 100% better then stock sprint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2