PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Does it help to sim unlock (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108452)

MeatPopsicle 01-28-2010 06:30 PM

Does it help to sim unlock

I've been trying to use cooked roms for awhile but 98% dont even work and the ones I get to work dont work very well:-( I've been doing some reading on here and read that someone had luck with also sim unlocking and changing radio's, is it going to help?
I know it's only $20 but I could always use that for something else but if will make cooked roms work then it's worth it:!:
Thanks for your help

OR78 01-28-2010 06:36 PM

Re: Does it help to sim unlock

Radios only improve your reception in your location and do not affect the ROM you are using. I have tried a few radios and some tend to eat up battery life. Others may disagree but in a nutshell it how it works for you. As for unlocking the sim, this is done so that you can use any carrier sim in your phone, again has nothing to do with the ROM you use. Its a nice perk to have to be able to do these and the hard work the people have done to make this possible is why I paid the money. They deserve it.

MeatPopsicle 01-28-2010 06:46 PM

I would have no problem giving them the money if it was worth it to me but I cant even use most of the cooked roms and let me tell you I've tried almost all of them. The only one that seemed to work was Juicys R6 and that would only work for a week or 2. I just want to get this damn phone to work like it should without all the sprin Sh1t.
Thanks for your advice tho!!

gmfeny 01-28-2010 07:08 PM

I don't have my TP2 sim unlocked and I'm running custom roms fine. If all you want to do is run custom roms I don't think sim unlocking it will help but I could be wrong since mine isn't sim unlocked.

MeatPopsicle 01-28-2010 08:31 PM

I cant be the only one out there that cant run custom roms. Im kind of lost on this hole thing now so the only thing left would be a bad phone.
Thanks for all your help guys!!

imnuts 01-28-2010 09:30 PM

What ROMs have you tried as I'm sure there are definitely some buggy ROMs out there. Also, ROMs with Sense 2.5 and/or WM 6.5.x are going to be buggier than ones built with Sense 2.1/WM6.5. I've read of several issues with Sense 2.5 regardless of what it's running on, and WM 6.5.x builds are all currently beta stage.

MeatPopsicle 01-28-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imnuts (Post 1524433)
What ROMs have you tried as I'm sure there are definitely some buggy ROMs out there. Also, ROMs with Sense 2.5 and/or WM 6.5.x are going to be buggier than ones built with Sense 2.1/WM6.5. I've read of several issues with Sense 2.5 regardless of what it's running on, and WM 6.5.x builds are all currently beta stage.

I've tried Juicys, Mighty Mikes, SSS, Silent and 2 of the Kitchens. I've tried sense 2.1 and 2.5. I've also tried some of the 6.1 roms and no luck.
I always hard reset after installing and I've tried installing the sprint stock rom and then flashing and still no luck.

tacotoy 01-28-2010 11:05 PM

whats going on that has them not working??

urgodfather 01-28-2010 11:34 PM

yeah sim unlocking is really for if you wanted to do something like cut back your service and pay for a 50/mo. unlimited everything from boost or something. i wouldnt even bother tho b/c boost is supposed to switch to cdma soon.

awenthol 01-29-2010 12:29 AM

I've had issues like that with a Touch Pro...worthless no matter what ROM was on it. Ended up just being a bad phone. Do you have insurance or still have warranty?? May be worth trying to mess it up and getting a new one.