PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: fido

kushki is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery problem.... plz help...

Hi everybody, I am new to flashing..... I have sprint Touch PRO2 and I just flashed mightymike ROM, everything went fine and phone reboot was prefect.... but the notification manager showed battery life is 0%. Phone still works perfectly on '0%' battery. Actually the battery should be somewhere between 80-90% but it is not showing up. Also I cannot flash another ROM now as it gives an error saying battery life is less than 50% please charge or change the battery.

I have already tried to soft reset the phone. Also did a hard reset after flashing new ROM. Tried to remove battery and put it back with no luck. Battery charges when phone is off for both PC and wall charging. But when it is ON it does not work for any case. I have already checked the option for not charging the battery when the phone is connected to PC and it is unchecked. I hope some one can help. I don't want to turn off my phone when charging.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: Battery problem.... plz help...

First off it is recommended your phone must be fully charged whenever you flash. Also, flashing tends to put strain on your device for a bit and then it will steady off. Since you just flashed and did your clear sotrage. Let your phone 'breathe' a bit before you alter it. As for why it is showing 0 on the battery that is a first I have ever heard. Since you are at the beginning of a reflash, try one more clear storage while your phone is plugged in. Let it do its thing, then make sure you provision your phone to your carrier. Hope this helps.

Give some
Old 01-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kushki is a n00b

Thanks for the reply.... I have turned my phone off rightnow and trying to charge it using a wall charger...... It's showing amber light for charging but God only knows whether its actually charging or not... Once it turns green... i will trun it on connect it to pc and do another hard reset... hopefully that works... I will keep you posted...
Old 01-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

another option is to download your stock rom and reflash from sd card. you can find the instructions in the sticky section of the upgrades forum. i've never heard of the battery problem before but i would suggest doing the sd flash from a full charge. once you get everything smoothed out then go custom again.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 01-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kushki is a n00b

okay..... it works now..... this is what I did....

I connected my phone to the pc..... and thn turned the phone off..... pressed power and volume down button simultaneously.... so the phone went to the tri-color screen..... and now I started flashing again from PC.... same ROM.... this time it started flashing with no error and battery is charging while the phone is on....

Thought of posting the solution here in case somebody need it in future (I hope not).....

Thanks for your help guyz.... ur methods helped me to find solution.... thanks a lot again....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2