PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Help using WifiRouter or Walking HotSpot on Verizon (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108411)

Rhino27 01-28-2010 02:07 PM

Help using WifiRouter or Walking HotSpot on Verizon

Has anyone been able to get WifiRouter, Walking HotSpot, etc. to work on their stock TP2 on Verizon?

Those programs worked perfectly on my Touchpro. Now my laptop can see and connect to the phone with either program but I don't get any Internet access.

Thanks

darren.wlsn1 01-28-2010 02:35 PM

Re: Help using WifiRouter or Walking HotSpot on Verizon

please read. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78089

Rhino27 01-28-2010 02:48 PM

Which forum is the proper place for this type of question and will you be moving the thread?

Thanks

darren.wlsn1 01-28-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino27 (Post 1523360)
Which forum is the proper place for this type of question and will you be moving the thread?

Thanks

tp2 forum, yes it will get moved. youll get more answers there anyhow.

rstoyguy 01-28-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1523367)
tp2 forum, yes it will get moved. youll get more answers there anyhow.

Psychic! I'll leave the op a link for a week too.

Moved to the Touch Pro2 forum.

darren.wlsn1 01-28-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 1523388)
Psychic! I'll leave the op a link for a week too.

Moved to the Touch Pro2 forum.

there ya are. lol

htcsql 01-28-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino27 (Post 1523246)
Has anyone been able to get WifiRouter, Walking HotSpot, etc. to work on their stock TP2 on Verizon?

Those programs worked perfectly on my Touchpro. Now my laptop can see and connect to the phone with either program but I don't get any Internet access.

Thanks

I use walking Hotpsot for my laptop and my IPOD Touch all the time. Best 25 bucks I have spent in a long time :thumbleft:. I just installed it, setup a password and hotspot name and it has been working every since. I have used it to connect my laptop, hubby's laptop and my IPOD Touch all at the same time and had no issues thus far, I just make sure that I have my phone plugged in and charging. Hope you get it working. I am on Verizon if that makes a difference.

jmorton10 01-28-2010 04:26 PM

I use WMWifirouter everyday on my VZ TP2.

I am running one of the NRG RoMs now, but I had it working from day 1 on the stock ROM also.

All I did was install it & set it up & it has worked ever since. I did have to use one of the newer versions however (I think I'm using 1.52 now).

When I tried the free version, it never found an IP address so it had no internet/data connection.

~John

elnetomtb 01-28-2010 04:34 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i have sprint and the same problem the wifi router is non existant on my com manager?

clueless25 01-28-2010 10:26 PM

website doesn't show it supports tp2, is this the phone your using it with or another phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by htcsql (Post 1523589)
I use walking Hotpsot for my laptop and my IPOD Touch all the time. Best 25 bucks I have spent in a long time :thumbleft:. I just installed it, setup a password and hotspot name and it has been working every since. I have used it to connect my laptop, hubby's laptop and my IPOD Touch all at the same time and had no issues thus far, I just make sure that I have my phone plugged in and charging. Hope you get it working. I am on Verizon if that makes a difference.