PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc2
Carrier: tmobile

cheq326 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iGuidance MortScript to get around TTS not always working

dumb question but did you install mortscript (the program)?

NOT DUMP! I kinda guess that I am missing some installation, but it was not mentioned in the first post. I am gonna look for mortscript. Thanks!

... update: it works now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheq326 View Post
Hi, I am new to this script thing. I followed the instruction on the first post.
1. copy script to windows/start menu/programs
2. add a shortcut to the script

when I run it, I get an error saying that
"the file 'iGo8' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

I am using the latest Energy Rom, and I did not change anything in the script. File name remains as "iGo8.mscr"

Thanks for the help!
does the script shut off sense? i mean - is the script running just not opening igo8?

dumb question but did you install mortscript (the program)?

is the path to igo8 the same for you as it is in the script? which script r u using?

Last edited by cheq326; 02-21-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

niteriderxp is becoming a great contributor

Hey,

I am running Verizon's stock WM6.5 rom on my TP2. I have tried both of the scripts posted here with iGO8 and they do not help.

The only way I can get TTS to work is by disabling Voice Command and HTC Sense, and then restarting. After restart TTS will begin working.

If I disable only HTC Sense and restart, TTS will not work until I disable Voice Command though I do not have to restart in this case.

Disabling HTC Sense once it has started results in no TTS, however if I start it after iGO8 has run, I can enable and disable it without restarting and TTS will work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nite Rider
Old 03-06-2010, 06:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xcuter is a n00b

Is this script for Iguidance version 4 or 2009? Will this script run on stock sprint Rom?
Old 03-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteriderxp View Post
Hey,

I am running Verizon's stock WM6.5 rom on my TP2. I have tried both of the scripts posted here with iGO8 and they do not help.

The only way I can get TTS to work is by disabling Voice Command and HTC Sense, and then restarting. After restart TTS will begin working.

If I disable only HTC Sense and restart, TTS will not work until I disable Voice Command though I do not have to restart in this case.

Disabling HTC Sense once it has started results in no TTS, however if I start it after iGO8 has run, I can enable and disable it without restarting and TTS will work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nite Rider
Hi, wish I had some advice for you but I am at a loss as well...I am also running Stock VzW 6.5
I have VC disabled.

I have had tweaked my script any which way you can imagine (I even tried calling RAMCLEAN after the script, before iGO8 launches...).

It is hit or miss - sometimes TTS works, sometimes it doesnt. I can't even pinpoint what is messing it up. I can reboot and try and and sometimes TTS doesnt work!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcuter View Post
Is this script for Iguidance version 4 or 2009? Will this script run on stock sprint Rom?
Hi, it isn't really for a version of anything. You WILL have to tweak it for your system.

1) you must install mortscript on your phone to use this
2) you will have to tweak the script to call your nav program (eg in my script it calls igo8.exe from the storage card...you have to point it to your iguidance exe file)

other than that should run fine on stock sprint rom but who knows if tts will work...good luck
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteriderxp View Post
Hey,

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nite Rider
It is feasable VC has to be off for you. It's really a matter of luck that just restarting it for me is enough (I like having it on while naviugating if I can). You can try moving the restart of Voice Command to after you exit iGo8 or iGuidance and see if that does the trick (basically move it to the bottom the script).

Also try shutting off as much as you can in voice command that you don't care about.

Also try toggling the options if where stuff is annouced, reboot and toggle it again. Sometimes this causes something to get permanently cleared. I used to have to do this but for some reason on my current ROMs I no longer need to.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xcuter is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
Hi, it isn't really for a version of anything. You WILL have to tweak it for your system.

1) you must install mortscript on your phone to use this
2) you will have to tweak the script to call your nav program (eg in my script it calls igo8.exe from the storage card...you have to point it to your iguidance exe file)

other than that should run fine on stock sprint rom but who knows if tts will work...good luck
thanks just started playing around got it running.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2