PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iGuidance MortScript to get around TTS not always working

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
Seems to be working good. I modified it and droped the GPS gate code and changed to iGo8. I'll test a few days on different ROM's and report back. I'm currently running Energy Phoenix 2 21889 Jan 28 with Voice Command installed and running. Mike is planning a new release soon, so I will probably won't flash again till then, but I'll be back with an update Good job on the code. I was not aware of the kill issues. Thanks again.
Great. Thanks for the feedback. Glad it's helping you out.

Even the "backup kills" I have in there are not good because the app may have closed the window but may still be in the process of shutting down when it gets hit with the "backup kill" command. It should loop on the process existing after the looping on the window closing and if it times out waiting for process to disappear then and only then should it use the kill as a last resort. If it does not work 100% of the time, I'll add that next.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hi, I am still hit or miss with TTS.

I removed my "run igo8" step at the end of the script to see where I was at.

I was at 40% memory in use only!

Launched igo8 - no tts...

I would say I am more miss than hit with tts...although it does work at times......
Old 01-30-2010, 12:49 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
Hi, I am still hit or miss with TTS.

I removed my "run igo8" step at the end of the script to see where I was at.

I was at 40% memory in use only!

Launched igo8 - no tts...

I would say I am more miss than hit with tts...although it does work at times......
It's not a memory issue.

Start killing tasks and identify which task is preventing from doing TTS.

After Running Script what does Task Manager (something that can show ALL processes) show running.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well, i just tried it and tts worked - but here is a list of processes running AFTER exit (so manila is restarted).

TaskMgr.exe ---> dotFred, this is what I started to see processes...
repllog.exe
manila.exe
AlbumSearcher.exe
BTTrayCE.exe
cprog.exe
connmgr.exe
services.exe
shell32.exe
gwes.exe
device.exe
filesys.exe
NK.EXE
tmail.exe ---> interesting as I am shutting (trying to lol) shut this down in my script

thanks for the help - btw, what voice are you using? i saw someone posted they get Dave to work every time but have issues with Susan. i have been using Susan...maybe i should switch to Dave ???
Old 01-30-2010, 12:41 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
well, i just tried it and tts worked - but here is a list of processes running AFTER exit (so manila is restarted).

TaskMgr.exe ---> dotFred, this is what I started to see processes...
repllog.exe
manila.exe
AlbumSearcher.exe
BTTrayCE.exe
cprog.exe
connmgr.exe
services.exe
shell32.exe
gwes.exe
device.exe
filesys.exe
NK.EXE
tmail.exe ---> interesting as I am shutting (trying to lol) shut this down in my script

thanks for the help - btw, what voice are you using? i saw someone posted they get Dave to work every time but have issues with Susan. i have been using Susan...maybe i should switch to Dave ???
Well if you want to test what is running at the point you would run Igo8.exe you need to delete the whole bottom of the script.

repllog.exe should not be running (that's activesync) and it can cause trouble too. But it may have restarted with manila restarting. But Mine does not. When the script normally runs and restarts the only thing back is manila (tmail and rellog are gone).

I'm using FdcSoft Task Manger which is excellent. You can find Window names for each task. It's better to close windows than kill tasks. Use kill as a last resort. If you let manila restart some things may have automatically restarted. So you need to look before manila gets restarted.

I don't know if the registry key my script uses is correct for Manila 2.1. My script works for Manila 2.5 (Sense UI).

Also if you try to kill manila.exe it will restart itself.

Last edited by mswlogo; 01-30-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

hi, I am using the same Task Manager as you...

When I run my script without the last portion (run igo8, redraw Today) here is what is running:

TasMgr.exe
AlbumSearcher.exe
BTTrayCE.exe
cprog.exe
connmgr.exe
services.exe
shell32.exe
gwes.exe
device.exe
filesys.exe
NK.EXE

From there if I close Task Manager, and manually run igo8...
this time TTS worked...

My script is as follows:

RegWriteDword("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Today\Ite ms\HTC Sense","Enabled",0)
RedrawToday
While ( ProcExists("manila.exe") )
Sleep(500)
EndWhile
RegWriteDword ("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense","Enabled",1)

ErrorLevel("syntax")

If ( ProcExists("repllog.exe") )
Close("ActiveSync")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

If ( ProcExists("poutlook.exe") )
Close("Contacts")
Close("Outlook E-mail")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

If ( ProcExists("tmail.exe") )
Close("Messaging")
Close("guilette.net")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

If ( ProcExists("Messaging_Client.exe") )
Close("HTC Messages")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

If ( ProcExists("CMInternetSharing.exe") )
Close("Mobile Wi-Fi Router")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

If ( ProcExists("CommManager.exe") )
Close("Comm Manager")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

If ( ProcExists("TaskMgr.exe") )
Close("Task Manager")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

If ( ProcExists("Opera9.exe") )
Close("VZW Today")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

If ( ProcExists("HTCAlbum.exe") )
Close("Album")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

If ( ProcExists("fexplore.exe") )
Close("File Explorer")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

If ( ProcExists("pxl.exe") )
Close("Excel Mobile")
Sleep(500)
EndIf

RunWait("\Storage Card\IGO8\iGO8.exe")

While ( ProcExists("iGO8.exe") )
Sleep(500)
EndWhile

RedrawToday
Old 01-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

interestingly enough...

after i manually ran igo8 above, and exited it (so the script did not redraw Today) - I check my processes and repllog.exe is running (but manila.exe is not).

hmmmm
Old 01-30-2010, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
interestingly enough...

after i manually ran igo8 above, and exited it (so the script did not redraw Today) - I check my processes and repllog.exe is running (but manila.exe is not).

hmmmm
You used all If's and no While Loops. The problem is if you issue a close or kill and not verify it's done it could be running when igo8 starts up. But by the time you look with task manager they are gone.

Also tmail requires multiple close windows so it just loops killing windows until they are all gone. That is probably why you saw tmail.exe still running.

There is a method to my madness in my orignal script.

Like I said in an earlier post, you can do one better by looping on closed windows first until they close. Then loop waiting for the process to close.

Then continue to the next.

Last edited by mswlogo; 01-30-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

but - I have already tried running the script to that point above, checked Task Manager to make sure everything was closed, close Task Manager, manually ran igo8 and TTS did NOT work!
Old 01-30-2010, 01:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
but - I have already tried running the script to that point above, checked Task Manager to make sure everything was closed, close Task Manager, manually ran igo8 and TTS did NOT work!
Valid point.

But once things are "corrupt" for a particular boot they don't always recover.

So if you tried to run iGo8(TTS) and tmail.exe was still running at that point that whole boot is now suspect. You need to prevent TTS from ever failing. Sometimes it does recover but not always.

You want to shut things down as smoothly as possible and deterministically as possibly (i.e. check it's done before doing the next).

I had the same iffy behavior with iGuidance until I made the script more robust. The script you have is not robust. Clean it up with loops, reboot and try again and see if you can break it.

You need to verify every one of your loops is working correctly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2