PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Call and Internet at the same time ??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108355)

prboy1969 01-28-2010 01:18 AM

Call and Internet at the same time ???

Help !!! So I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2 running the stock Rom WM 6.1 . I want to be able to make a call and surf the internet at th same time . Right ow I can't . I know someone who has an HTC Tilt 2 (TP2) , and he can be on a call and surf the net at the same time . So i know it's not a phone issue , more of a Sprint blocked it issue . Does anyone know how to fix this ?

jmorton10 01-28-2010 01:20 AM

Re: Call and Internet at the same time ???

Has to be GSM service to do that.

~John

CellGuy 01-28-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prboy1969 (Post 1522233)
Help !!! So I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2 running the stock Rom WM 6.1 . I want to be able to make a call and surf the internet at th same time . Right ow I can't . I know someone who has an HTC Tilt 2 (TP2) , and he can be on a call and surf the net at the same time . So i know it's not a phone issue , more of a Sprint blocked it issue . Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Sprint is CDMA, AT&T is GSM. It's not so much a limitation of the phone as it is the technology Sprint uses. The only way around this is using WIFI.

jlee79 01-28-2010 01:20 AM

This can not be done on the Sprint network :( Bummer for me as well, oh well, long live SERO

japper88 01-28-2010 01:21 AM

Quote:

Impossible while on CDMA. It's a pure tech limitation. Verizon and Sprint both use CDMA which does not let you be online and on a call at the same time. If you really want this only GSM supports it (i.e. AT&T or T-Mobile). The best you can do is be on wifi and on a call at the same time.

In other words, there will NEVER be a fix for Sprint, so it is IMPOSSIBLE. Sorry.

lazydazed 01-28-2010 01:25 AM

Really? do you have a T.V.? its the ONLY thing AT&T has over everybody else... other than having a cooler stock slider

japper88 01-28-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazydazed (Post 1522249)
Really? do you have a T.V.? its the ONLY thing AT&T has over everybody else... other than having a cooler stock slider

I think the tilt too has a nonworking push to talk button that people have programmed to use as a camera button... Wish i had that, instead i have all upside down pictures since I use the volume up button as a camera button.

But you can be online via wifi and talk on the phone at the same time!

Sim-X 01-28-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1522240)
Impossible while on CDMA. It's a pure tech limitation. Verizon and Sprint both use CDMA which does not let you be online and on a call at the same time. If you really want this only GSM supports it (i.e. AT&T or T-Mobile). The best you can do is be on wifi and on a call at the same time.

In other words, there will NEVER be a fix for Sprint, so it is IMPOSSIBLE. Sorry.

I wouldn't say never - & IMPOSSIBLE is incorrect.

http://www.wmexperts.com/cdma-develo...data-same-time

It is actually VERY possible - just depends if sprint wants to upgrade or not. Not sure if this would support existing devices if they even do it which I'm sure they will at some point. Could be a long ways away but it is there.

Quote:

Yea this would be nice but it's not the end of the world. I would much rather be on a better network then worry about that. I'm sure we will get it someday.

japper88 01-28-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sim-X (Post 1522312)
I wouldn't say never - & IMPOSSIBLE is incorrect.

http://www.wmexperts.com/cdma-develo...data-same-time

It is actually VERY possible - just depends if sprint wants to upgrade or not. Not sure if this would support existing devices if they even do it which I'm sure they will at some point. Could be a long ways away but it is there.

I stand corrected. Would it be a correct statement to say it's impossible for the TP2 cause of current CDMA limitations?

Sim-X 01-28-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1522313)
I stand corrected. Would it be a correct statement to say it's impossible for the TP2 cause of current CDMA limitations?

I would think so, I really don't know 2 much about it. I always thought it was impossible myself but came across that the other day and was very happy to read that.

I wouldn't really care if it worked on the tp2 or not unless they are planning on doing it pretty quick which I doubt. By the time it's out I'm sure new phones will be out that will support it out of the box. TP3 pro??? ha ha

Maybe by then sprint will have the iphone - at&t will have to stop running there stupid ads about talk and surf at the same time which is the 1 benefit they have.