PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 02:07 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Call and Internet at the same time ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
I would think so, I really don't know 2 much about it. I always thought it was impossible myself but came across that the other day and was very happy to read that.

I wouldn't really care if it worked on the tp2 or not unless they are planning on doing it pretty quick which I doubt. By the time it's out I'm sure new phones will be out that will support it out of the box. TP3 pro??? ha ha

Maybe by then sprint will have the iphone - at&t will have to stop running there stupid ads about talk and surf at the same time which is the 1 benefit they have.
Yea the ATT commercials are lame compared to those Verizon commercials bashing the ATT 3G coverage map. I just hope a decent phone is available on Sprint SERO when the next gen stuff comes out.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Do people really surf and talk on the phone at the same time? I for one, really didn't have that chance. Tethering, and talking is different story though.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor

Given the opportunity I think I will really use that feature. I have came across several occasions where I needed that feature but was not able to.

On Mogul.^^^

On Touch Pro.^^^ = (
Old 01-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G

dizidi is becoming a great contributor

WOW, I never knew we (sprint) can surf the web on wifi and make a phone call at the same time. I should of known better, afterall I've been a member of this community since 2006. Damn, does this make me a senior member?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
Yea the ATT commercials are lame compared to those Verizon commercials bashing the ATT 3G coverage map. I just hope a decent phone is available on Sprint SERO when the next gen stuff comes out.
I have a feeling I'm going to have to dump my sero plan at some point in the future. I have been getting a deal for so long I guess it's time to pay up. I don't see sprint allowing newer high end devices on sero. Hopefully they allow at least one more generation of touch pros on sero but I would have to think when wm7 is out it's gonna be lights out for sero but I could be wrong. Will just have to wait and see.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC/AT&T Inspire 4G
Carrier: AT&T

ac0x is becoming a great contributor

Sounds like SVDO is going to take both infrastructure and device changes. So it may be a while

http://technews.am/conversations/mob...bably_not_soon
Old 01-28-2010, 12:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I would think that if this did become available, a radio update would hopefully allow it to work for us, but who knows.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:19 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
I have a feeling I'm going to have to dump my sero plan at some point in the future. I have been getting a deal for so long I guess it's time to pay up. I don't see sprint allowing newer high end devices on sero. Hopefully they allow at least one more generation of touch pros on sero but I would have to think when wm7 is out it's gonna be lights out for sero but I could be wrong. Will just have to wait and see.
Yea... I was psyched that I was able to squeeze 2 more years out of sero with the tp2. now just hoping for another 2years after my contract is up!
Old 01-30-2010, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G
Threadstarter

prboy1969 is keeping up the good workprboy1969 is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the replies . But something I just remembered , the TP2 is Quad band . So if I set it to GSM will I then be able to do the Talk & Surf at the same time ?
Old 01-31-2010, 02:52 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

From what I've learned, supposedly any network can have voice and data at the same time, regardless of whether the network is GSM or CDMA. It's just a matter of whether or not the wireless carrier is willing to dump the required boatload of cash into their network in order to do it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2