PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

prboy1969 is keeping up the good workprboy1969 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Call and Internet at the same time ???

So , I guess there isn't some sort of work around this ?
Old 02-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
From what I've learned, supposedly any network can have voice and data at the same time, regardless of whether the network is GSM or CDMA. It's just a matter of whether or not the wireless carrier is willing to dump the required boatload of cash into their network in order to do it
I'm not sure it's fair to put it that way. Yes, there is a version of CDMA technology now that is capable of data and voice at the same time. That's relatively recent though. The version of CDMA that has been widely deployed can't do it. Sure, they could upgrade. But it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to focus on that when Verizon is trying to build out their new LTE network and Sprint/Clearwire are working on WiMax.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:48 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
So , I guess there isn't some sort of work around this ?
Wifi... that's your workaround.

EVDO Rev. A supports simultaneous voice and data, but the big CDMA carriers (Sprint and Verizon) saw no reason to implement it as they were doing the Rev A upgrade. Now that AT&T is touting that as a major feature (keep in mind, AT&T has taken longer to get 3G up and running) there will be pressure for simultaneous voice and data in the future. It's coming, but the reason why we don't have it now is that there wasn't enough competition when they had the option to implement it.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

didn't EVDV support data and talk simultaneously?
Old 02-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post
I'm not sure it's fair to put it that way. Yes, there is a version of CDMA technology now that is capable of data and voice at the same time. That's relatively recent though. The version of CDMA that has been widely deployed can't do it. Sure, they could upgrade. But it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to focus on that when Verizon is trying to build out their new LTE network and Sprint/Clearwire are working on WiMax.
Well, that's essentially what I was saying. There's a myth out there that AT&T is the ONLY network that has the capability of accomplishing this feature. I was simply stating that any network (whether GSM or CDMA) could do it if they really wanted

But your latter point is absolutely correct. A major reason as to why other networks haven't done it is because they're moving to WiMax / LTE anyway
Old 02-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mario925 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to mario925
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) T-Mobile_Rhodium)

i can talk and go on the internet at the same time on my t-mobile htc touch pro 2
Old 02-14-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
I wouldn't say never - & IMPOSSIBLE is incorrect.

http://www.wmexperts.com/cdma-develo...data-same-time

It is actually VERY possible - just depends if sprint wants to upgrade or not. Not sure if this would support existing devices if they even do it which I'm sure they will at some point. Could be a long ways away but it is there.

Yea this would be nice but it's not the end of the world. I would much rather be on a better network then worry about that. I'm sure we will get it someday.
I JUST pulled my pants up after listening to the ringtone!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

Will this be a possibility when WiMax headsets come out?

Evo on 3g

Old 02-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
Will this be a possibility when WiMax headsets come out?
I have a feeling that's the idea... WiMax is, of course, data only. However, I would imagine that most WiMax devices coming to Sprint will be CDMA/WiMax combined so when you're in a WiMax (a.k.a. 4G) coverage area, your data would go over WiMax and voice over CMDA and when in CMDA only, then be limited to one or the other when on CMDA only. Granted, this is all speculation as I haven't really done much research on any of the upcoming 4G/WiMax handsets but that's what makes sense.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:43 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

ok here's the deal. the network is completely capable of it. it is a limitation of the radio chips in the phones. (maynot be the case with tp2)

The main reason I've always wanted such a feature is for gps (google maps) it never faills I get a call right when I should be making a turn or watching for a certain road.
the other big thing with me is that if you are roaming and on data, calls go strait to v/m. (regular in-network 1x should still pause for a call.)

with the tp2, depending on the radio chip, I think it should be possible to use simultaneous gsm/cdma, but that's for someone way smarter than me to figure out. (although I'm willing to test/brick)

like the comercial says, it can be done, you just need 2 phones to do it.. (i've proved that it can be done without 2 lines of service)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2