PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Help!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108324)

QMeli907 01-27-2010 09:13 PM

Help!!

As the title says, I am in great need of help. My TP2 screen suddenly stopped working. It still displays, but the touch doesn't work. I can use all hardware buttons and keyboard buttons, but nothing on-screen works at all. Just performed a hard reset by pressing send-end-vol. down and the screen is still unresponsive. Any idea what would cause this, and is there any way at all to fix this?!

kevmo1965 01-27-2010 11:11 PM

Re: Help!!

If you have a cooked rom, try flashing again or back to the original. If that doesnt fix it relock and go back to verizon and get a new device. The warranty on the device should be for 1 year. Also consider getting insurance if you don't already have it

elephant007 01-27-2010 11:14 PM

the question really is what did you do to your phone when it stopped working... this happened to me with my Touch Pro (1) when I thought I was removing InvoSheild and it was actually the touch part of my phone... boy did that mess things up!

jbudinich 01-27-2010 11:20 PM

Do you have a screen protector on it. Take that off and try to use it.

QMeli907 01-27-2010 11:21 PM

It wont let me flash to stock or back to what i had (MightyRom LOVE). And when i reset it it deactivated it. Whats the penalty for returning a phone with a custom ROM on it? Don't they charge you?

QMeli907 01-27-2010 11:22 PM

I do have a screen protector, but its been on for over a month with not a single problem at all, then it suddenly stopped working all together, yet it still displays the images

jbudinich 01-27-2010 11:25 PM

yeah- I have no idea, but with my touch pro, one day the screen wouldnt respond at all with the clear plastic over it. i took it off and it worked. Just figured I'd try the easiest solution first.

jason25 01-27-2010 11:29 PM

install my mobiler on your pc, plug your phone into your pc and you should be able to see your TP2 display on your pc monitor. flash back to stock and relock.

QMeli907 01-27-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbudinich (Post 1521948)
yeah- I have no idea, but with my touch pro, one day the screen wouldnt respond at all with the clear plastic over it. i took it off and it worked. Just figured I'd try the easiest solution first.

I tried this, and there's almost like a residue underneath the screen in a sort of rectangle shape. I've seen pictures of this before on this forum. Touch screen is working now. That's very odd. What would make it suddenly stop working? it didnt gradually go out, it was sudden

jbudinich 01-28-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMeli907 (Post 1521991)
I tried this, and there's almost like a residue underneath the screen in a sort of rectangle shape. I've seen pictures of this before on this forum. Touch screen is working now. That's very odd. What would make it suddenly stop working? it didnt gradually go out, it was sudden

I think if theres pressure on two areas at once then it wont do anything....who knows.. Glad you got it working