PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>6800
Carrier: Sprint

mbartels is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Two Phone Problems (volume and can't answer)

I am having two annoying issues:

1. I want the call volume maxed out because it's hard to hear. I max the volume out when I'm on the phone but the setting does not stick for very long. A few phone calls later I have to turn it back up. Anybody know how to make that setting stick?

2. I often can't answer the phone when it rings. I'll try in plenty of time and slide to answer and hit the green phone button several times but nothing happens. I HATE that. I don't think it's the slot cycle index thing because I always have 5 seconds or emore before it goes to voicemail. It just sits there and vibrates over and over when I try to answer it. Anybody else have this experience? I'm (sadly) assuming it's pretty common.

For what it's worth I am using the Sprint Stock Rom and do have SPB Mobile Shell installed.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Re: Two Phone Problems (volume and can't answer)

I have the same problem too. I get a lot of missed calls when my phone is on me. I check the ring volume, and it's on max. Bluetooth is off (so it's not ringing in a headset)... It's driving me crazy! I'm with Verizon on EnergyROM Jan 25 w/Sense 2.5.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

ok try these...
1.) for low volume this won't necessarily make your setting stick, it will just boost the phones volume in general. works really well for me. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...dboy+audiopara

2.) phone not answering calls happens when your phone is in a data connection usually. for some reason winmo won't disconnect the data to answer. this cab should fix that problem. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1240630762

hopefully that helps you out.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks trOs!

I'll try the solution you gave for the answering issues and report back.

Not sure what to do about the volume thing. I read the entire thread and everybody seems to disagree on what works and what doesn't. That thead alone has four different audiopara files and a registry tweak. I'm trying the registry tweak for now. On top of that I have the following files I have not tried yet:

1. 20_Louder Phone
2. Audio Fix Works All Sounds.cab

Too many solutions and no real agreement on what works and what doesn't. I imagine if you try more than 1 at the same time they could interfere with each other.

Anybody on Sprint try several of these and come to a definitive conclusion?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

i'm on sprint.... i've run auriopara 2 and it worked wonders. almost too loud actually lol
Old 01-27-2010, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Specifically what was loud? My only real issue is the ear piece.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

with that one... the ear piece was much louder, so was the external speaker but not as noticeable as the earpiece. try it out... worst case just uninstall and try another
Old 01-27-2010, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

madeagain is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartels View Post
I am having two annoying issues:

1. I want the call volume maxed out because it's hard to hear. I max the volume out when I'm on the phone but the setting does not stick for very long. A few phone calls later I have to turn it back up. Anybody know how to make that setting stick?

2. I often can't answer the phone when it rings. I'll try in plenty of time and slide to answer and hit the green phone button several times but nothing happens. I HATE that. I don't think it's the slot cycle index thing because I always have 5 seconds or emore before it goes to voicemail. It just sits there and vibrates over and over when I try to answer it. Anybody else have this experience? I'm (sadly) assuming it's pretty common.

For what it's worth I am using the Sprint Stock Rom and do have SPB Mobile Shell installed.
My wife and I both had that issue on our Sprint TP 2's and could never figure out a fix with various cabs and configurations... what worked for us is flashing to a custom Rom ( we are on mightymike 1-20-10 release) and our phones are working beautiful. Wondows 6.5 has a different slide to lock app in it that doesnt interfere with answer the phones at all and the phone just over all works better. There are several out there that work well with Sprint. Mighty, MalRom, Silence etc... once you get started you will never go back to a stock rom. if you need any help let us know nad if this helped at all please hit thanks. Sorry I dont know of a fix on the Stock rom.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker

actually i've had the not answering issue on every rom i've ever used stock or custom. the shaggy suspend resume cab works every time and on every rom, ever since my tp1 days.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

wingnutsgsxr is a n00b

I have tried using this CAB for the phone answer thing, I have also tried using a time out on the data connection of 30 seconds of no use and I am still having the answer phone problem.

For what it is worth I am using stock ROM and am on the Verizon network. I started experiencing these problems several days after I had installed Advance Config and have read the information that that is what is causing the problems. I deleted advance config, reset and still had problems and am still having problems.

I keep reading about issues with the TP and diamond, granted nothing specific for TP2 with Verizon network, any suggestions, I use this phone for work and it is really driving me nuts and pissing me off.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2