PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Unlocker Crapping out.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108315)

bri_cyn 01-27-2010 08:13 PM

Unlocker Crapping out....

Tried multiple USB cables but every time I run the unlocker it gives the windows error report window... I have tried the auto and the manual versions w/the same results. Any ideas? It's a new install of XP on my laptop and active sync is showing TP2 as connected. Not a newbie, just very frustrated

readygo02 01-27-2010 08:31 PM

Re: Unlocker Crapping out....

have you tried putting the phone in boot loader mode by pressing the power button + the down volume button and at the same time doing a soft reset? this might help if you haven't tried it yet.

kaos 01-27-2010 08:33 PM

this is posted in the wrong section. also try pming developers for support. use the thread made for it to do so.please follow the rules...geesh

rstoyguy 01-27-2010 08:48 PM

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forum.

bri_cyn 01-27-2010 09:27 PM

tried puting it in bootloader mode, but it would not connect. the unlocker would not run without activestink....

OR78 01-27-2010 09:29 PM

Just a thought....try restarting your computer as well as soft resetting your phone. The replug in your phone and see if it links up and try again.

bri_cyn 01-27-2010 09:38 PM

Thanks ORam, but no go tried hard resetting the phone as well as your suggestions and no go so far... "RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3.exe has encountered an problem and needs to close. We are sorry....."

OR78 01-27-2010 09:44 PM

Then go back to the HSPL thread and douwnload the HSPL again. You might have somehow corrupted that file.

turbochris 01-27-2010 09:46 PM

I had a problem like this before and I reinstalled activesync, then everything worked.

bri_cyn 01-27-2010 09:48 PM

Just tried that, same result...

OR78 01-27-2010 09:55 PM

When you click on the sync icon what does it do on your computer. Does it sync or does it contain errors?

Also..have you tried terminating your connection and then setting up your phone again with active sync?

bri_cyn 01-27-2010 10:00 PM

active sync works fine just reinstalled it with the same results as before... error on the unlocker :(

NinjaDuck 01-27-2010 10:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Try installing the remote API cab attached. It changes some security settings and allows the remote code execution necessary to unlock. This is what I had to do to get my phone unlocked.

Also I have attached a cab that creates a shortcut to enter the bootloader so you do not have to get finger cramps trying to execute the crazy sequence needed.

--> Tools --> Bootloader

curthibbert 01-28-2010 10:50 AM

Hi Mike
Will your bootloader shortcut cab work with a Sprint TP2 phone? And also just because I am a little dense, it makes a tools folder under the start menu that it puts the .exe file in?
thanks
Curt

NinjaDuck 01-28-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curthibbert (Post 1522727)
Hi Mike
Will your bootloader shortcut cab work with a Sprint TP2 phone? And also just because I am a little dense, it makes a tools folder under the start menu that it puts the .exe file in?
thanks
Curt

Bootloader - Not mine, just customized the package the way I like it. It is an HTC code base. It creates a folder called "tools" in the start menu (if it does not exist). It installs the EXE and creates a Shortcut to it.

Just try it, I promise it will not hurt.